17th April 2013, 02:26 AM
hemantabaro

How should I join Indian Army?

how to join indane army...Could u please tel me how should i join it

17th April 2013, 06:28 AM
vetrikarthik

Thumbs up Re: How should I join Indian Army?

hai friend,

You can join Indian Army by writing National Defence Academy(NDA) exam.

UPSC conducts NDA for twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA is,

Nationality - Citizen of India.

Age - 16.5 to 19years.

Sex-only unmarried male candidates can write NDA exam.

Education Qualification:

To join Indain Army - 12th pass.

To join Indian Navy & Air force - 12th pass with physics and maths subject.

All the best.
17th April 2013, 09:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join Indian Army?

Indian Army can be joined basically in two ways, one after 12th through NDA and another through CDS after Garduation.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 212 to 30 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantabaro View Post
Dear Aspirant,

Dear Friend you have not mention your Educational Qualification so, it is Not clear that on which Education background you wish to join Indian Army, Don't worry let me explain the all Possible way for your aspiration.....

First of all its very Good sound that young generation are interested in Indian Army and want to serve the Nation, It is very Challenging field for both Physical Standard and as well as Mental standard......

There are Two possible way for you to join Indian Army:

1. Through CDS (Combined Defense Service) Exam and

2. Through NDA (Natiuonal Defense Academy) Exam.....

Eligibility for NDA Exam:-

1. A candidate should have completed their 12th Science with Group-A subjects....

2. Age of candidate should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years, No age Relaxation......

3. Only Unmarried Male candidate are eligible....

4. Citizenship of Indian......

Eligibility and Criteria for CDS :-

1. A candidate should have Graduate Degree in any discipline form Recognized Universities.....

2. Pursuing Final year of Graduation also applicable.....

3. Age of candidate should be between 19 to 24 Years for Army Wings.....

4. Nationality of India.....

Physical Standard:-

♫♫ Physically as well as Mentally strong.....

♫♫ Good eyesight of CP-III Grade.....

♫♫ Height at least 157 cm (Male), 150 Cm (Female) (For CDS Only)....

♫♫ Chest expansion at least 5 Cm.....

♫♫ Vision 6/6......

Quote:
Note :-

Group-A subjects is Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer and English.....

Alll the best

With Regards......
Dharm
17th April 2013, 03:45 PM
sarkarkrish180289

There are a number of ways in which one could get a commission in the Army. You can join right after school or after graduation. The selection procedures are impartial, objective and are uniformly applied to one and all and have only one aim – to “select the best”.
The Army offers both permanent and short service commission. Permanent commission (PC) is granted through the Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun and Short Service Commission (SSC) is granted through Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai. When you opt for ‘PC’, you are basically looking at a permanent career in the Army, a career till you retire. SSC is a wonderful option for all those of you who aspire to serve it for a few years. It gives you the option of joining the Army, and serving it as a commissioned officer for ten years. Once your tenure is over, you are allowed to opt for PC. Alternatively, you can also ask for a four years extension and can choose to resign from your post any time during this period.
Details of eligibility criteria duration and venue of training and other information is freely available through news papers or may be obtained from www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The following telephone numbers may also be contacted.

(011) 26173215, 26175473, 26172861.
17th April 2013, 07:47 PM
MALVI PAYAL

Thumbs up Re: How should I join Indian Army?

First of all ,stating from 10th Std -suppose if you have passed your boards then you have to start preparation of NDA exam i.e,(National defence Academy )then you can give the exam at the age of 17 or above and if you scored well then you ca be selected for interview and then soon you have to pass out medical checkup and traning in any field of defence.
17th April 2013, 08:50 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Indian Army can be joined through NDA after 12th and through CDS after Graduation.

National Defence Academy(NDA) conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

CDS - combined Defence Service conducted by UPSC twice every year, to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate wishing to join Indian Army(IMA) of CDS must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th April 2013, 08:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You can join Indian army through following exam;-

----NDA exam

----CDS exam

UES SCHEME

----NNC special entry

For NDA exam,you must be 12th standard from a recognized university

Age limit is 16.5-19 years.

you must be unmarried male and Indian citizen,

For CDS exam,.you must be passed a graduate degree from a recognized university.

There is age limit of 19-24 years.

you must be Indian citizen.

UES scheme consist pre final year engineering candidates eligibility .

All the best.................
17th April 2013, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantabaro View Post

In two way you can join in Indian army post - NDA exam and CDS exam .Both exam have their own eligibility criteria .I have discussed below of the exams .

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year. NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:-Indian Air Force , Indian Navy and Indian Army .

Educational Qualification : -

Those candidate have completed 12th standard are applicable for NDA Exam (Indian Army).

Nationality : -

You must have a citizenship of India .

16.5 to 19 years old .

NDA II Exam date is given below so you can apply for NDA exam before last date .

Date of notification: 04th May, 2013
Last date for receipt of applications: 03rd June, 2013, Monday.
Date of commencement of exam: 11th August, 2013, Sunday.

From this year NDA application form must be submitted by only online system. The fees for NDA exam is 50/- . You can be paid the amount through SBI Debit/Credit Card or by SBI Net Banking or by depositing directly in SBI .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This examination which is conducted by the UPSC can be given twice a year.

If you have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for CDS exam.Because the minimum Qualification is required for CDS exam is Graduate .

Age Limit:-

Air Force: 19-23 years.
Indian Military: 19-24 years.
Naval Academy: 19-22 years.
Officer's Training Academy: 19-25 years.

CDS II Exam Dates 2013 :-

Date of Notification : 25.05.2012
Last date for receipt of applications : 24.06.2013
Date of Commencement of Exam : 08.09.2013

For more details about CDS and NDA exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th April 2013, 11:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

There are so many ways to enter into the Indian Army .It totally depends upon your qualification and age limit that decides for which entrance examination you are eligible through which you can enter into it.

1.National defense services examinations:

>>This exam is conducted twice every year by the UPSC.

>>10+2 passed /appearing from a recognized board is the minimum requirement for the exam.

>>The age limit is :16.5 to 19 years with no age relaxations applicable to anyone.

>>You must be an Unmarried male India.

If you are eligible ,you can apply for the NDA 2 exams who registration will start from 05/03/2013.

2.Technical Entry scheme.

>>For these examination ,you should have done you 10+2 with physics ,chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.

>>The minimum % of marks in it should be not less than 75% for the shortlisting.

>.The age limit for it is 17-21 years.

3.Combined defense services examinations:

>>Bachelor 's degree is the minimum requirement for this exam.

>>Both male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

>>The age limit is 19-25 years.

4.University Entry scheme.

>>It is also at bachelor's degree level and you can apply for the exam if you have secure more than 60% in your bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

For the exams mentioned above you should be physically fit.

For NDA and CDS exams ,for any other information please visit www.upsc.gov.in

FOR TES,UES ,please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
18th April 2013, 01:17 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

You can join Indian Army first you should crack the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

NDA-I

NDA-II

NDA has three wings:

Indian Air force

Indian Navy

Indian Army

Eligibility:

You should complete the 12th standard from recognized state board of India.

Candidate not required the percentage for this exam.

PCM subjects required for the Indian Air force and Navy exams.

The candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

No upper age relaxation is applicable other categories.

Only male candidates are eligible. Candidate should be unmaried. But candidate should be Indian.

Girls are not eligible.

Selection Process:

Written Examination

Medical Test

Interview

all the best.
19th April 2013, 12:00 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

HAI,

The National Defense Academy Exam is conducted every year in the months of April and August by UPSC..

NDA-I
NDA-II

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should citizen of india.

Candidate should complete 12th standard from any recognized state board of india.

Candidate age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Eye Sight:

Uncorrected
without glass – 6/12

Corrected with glass – 6/6

Limits of Myopia –

Limits of Hypermetropia –
+2.5

Selection Process;

Written Exam
Interview Round
Medical Examination

For more details about the exam visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..........
19th April 2013, 01:01 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

By two possible ways, you can join Indian Army:-

* NDA(National Defence Academy) examination.

* CDS(Combined Defence Services) examination.

After completion of graduation, you can apply for the NDA examination otherwise not.

After completion of graduation, you can apply for the CDS examination otherwise not.

The eligibility criteria required for the NDA examination for Indian Army are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with Commerce and Arts disciplines from any recognised board.

* Sex:- Male.

* Marital status:- Single.

* Age limit:- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- Not provided.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

The eligibility criteria required for the CDS examination for Indian Army/Military Academy are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with Arts and commerce stream from any accredited college or university.

* Age limit:- 19-24 yrs - IMA.

* Marital status:- Unmarried.

* Sex:- Both Male and Female.

* Physically and mentally fit.

* Nationality:- Indian.

According to your educational qualifications, you can apply any of these two examinations for Indian Army wing.
21st April 2013, 12:29 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

Let me tell you that if, you have finished your 12th standard, then by National Defense Academy exam, you can join Indian Army wing. or;

If, you have finished your graduation, then by Combined Defense Services exam, you can join Indian Army wing.

Both National Defense Academy and Combined Defense Services exams are organized by Union Public Service Commission every year.

The educational qualifications regarding with National Defense Academy exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their 12th with PCM from any approved institution.

# Candidates of last year of 12th standard are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with National Defense Academy exam are below mentioned:-

# 16.5-19 years.

# Relaxation:- Age relaxation is not assumed to any category candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

The physical standard regarding with National Defense Academy exam is below mentioned:-

Eye sight requirement regarding with National Defense Academy exam is below mentioned:-

The educational qualifications regarding with Combined Defense Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree from any approved institution.

The age criteria regarding with Combined Defense Services exam is below mentioned:-

# 19-22 years:- Indian Naval Academy.

# 19-23 years:- Indian Air Force Academy.

# 19-24 years:- Indian Military or Army Academy.

# 19-25 years:- Officer's Training Academy.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

# Physical standard:- Same as above mentioned.

Thanks.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?