30th April 2013, 01:40 AM
komal ghandwani

How can I apply for TET after doing B.A and M.A?

I had done b.a &m.a.can I apply for tet.if yes can I get job after qualifying it.

30th April 2013, 07:47 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for TET after doing B.A and M.A?

If you have completed post graduation then it is better to apply for the National Eligibility Test and become college lecturer instead of school teacher. To become school teacher you will need additional qualification which is not the case if you apply for the National Eligibility Test.

The NET exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission. It is conducted bi yearly. The NET entrance exam is open for any candidate who has completed post graduation. Since you have completed MA, it makes you eligible as long as you are meeting the percentage criteria as well.

NET Eligibility

1. Applicant should hold PG degree.

2. At least 55 percent marks in the degree.

3. SC/ST should have 50 percent marks.

4. Your NET subject should be relevant to PG course.

5. There is no limit on attempts.

6. Age limit for college lectureship is 19 on the lower side while no upper age limit.

If you don't have sufficient marks to apply for the National Eligibility Test or only interested in school teaching then you will first have to complete Bachelor of Education. This is one year long course and if you have 50 percent marks in graduation you can apply for it.

After completing Bachelor of Education you can apply for the Teachers Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by states as well center.

TET Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. Bachelor degree with 50 percent marks.

3. Bachelor of Education degree from recognized college.

4. There is no upper age limit for central test while each state has different age criteria.

5. No limit on number of attempts.
30th April 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

subject of psc
30th April 2013, 02:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must have B.Ed or its equivalent qualification along with Graduation or Post Graduation to become eligible for TET.

Merely a Graduation or Post Graduation will not make you eligible for TET.

If you have done M.A then you can apply for UGC NET for becoming lecturer in colleges. You must have 55 % marks in M.A for UGC NET.

For B.Ed course you should have 50% marks in Graduation or Post Graduation for the entrance exam. After getting a good rank in entrance you can get admission into a good college for B.Ed course.

Once you complete your B.Ed with good marks then you will be eligible for TET .

After qualifying TET you will get job in Government schools as a teacher. The TET paper will test your teaching aptitude and the knowledge of subjects in which you have done your Graduation.

So get admission into B.Ed if you want to become a teacher through TET. Also apply for UGC NET because Lecturer post is far better than a teachers post in terms of salary.

For more information visit http://www.ctet.nic.in
27th September 2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me that i have passed Graduation with education subject means Education subject in B. A so i can apply in UPTET.
15th August 2019, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

After clear net exam PhD must require or not for teach to b.sc student
29th September 2020, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

can I apply for tet after completed BA with 43percent and MA with 56 percent ???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?