9th July 2013, 10:00 PM
gokul9597

What should I do to study GATE or CAT? I am studying B.E electronics and instrumentation engineering

I'm studying B.E Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering....I would like to do higher studies....What should i do?? should go for MBA or M.E...... i have intrest in both the fields....Which one will have a bright future??

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study between GATE and CAT?
  2. How to study M.Tech in electronics after passing electronics and instrumentation engineering? What is the syllabus for GATE?
  3. Which paper of GATE should a Electronics and Instrumentation student appear?
  4. Model Question Papers of GATE Exam with solutions being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  5. How to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Instrumentation after doing B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation engineering
  6. Should I go for GATE or CAT coaching after passing ETC?
  7. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which are the companies offering inplant training within India? I am studying electronics and instrumentation engineering
  9. How much salary I can get after completion of BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  10. Any separate paper for applied electronics and instrumentation engineering students in GATE?
  11. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  12. Career opportunities available after B.Tech Instrumentation Engineering? What kind of jobs will I get after B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  13. What package will be offered after EIE? Future stream in EIE after Post Graduation?
  14. What is the criteria to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering with 73%? -- [New]
  15. How can I study MBA after studying B.E in instrumentation engineering final year
  16. Which is the best course in B.Tech?
  17. Top university abroad for studying MS course in Electronics and Instrumentation except USA? Which are the difference courses offered in MS?
  18. Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?
15th September 2015, 03:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study GATE or CAT? I am studying B.E electronics and instrumentation engineering

Being an engineering candidate, you must opt for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. You have spent your four years in engineering then what is the need to join management. Therefore GATE would be the best option for higher studies as well as job opportunities.

If you manage to score well in the GATE exam, you can get admission in the top engineering colleges of India like IIT, NIT, IIIT etc. Second thing is that if your rank is well within top 500, you can get call letters for recruitment in top Public Sector Undertakings of India like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL etc.
15th September 2015, 09:35 PM
ant man

Default Re: What should I do to study GATE or CAT? I am studying B.E electronics and instrumentation engineering

You are eligible for appearing for both the entrance exams.

GATE stands for Graduate aptitude test for engineering.

Eligibility :
1. All the candidates must pass B.Tech/B.Arch course to apply for GATE exam.
2. All the M.Sc maths, physics, computers or equivalent courses can also apply.
3. Being in the final year of the course also you can apply.
4. There is no age limit applicable for GATE exam.
5. There is marks percentage applicable but many universities prefer to take candidates having 60% minimum marks.
6. The score card is valid for 3 years and even you can apply for PSU companies directly also.
You can apply for m.tech in all the colleges through out the country.

CAT stands for Common admission test.

This exam is conducted for giving admission in MBA course.

1. All the degree holders can apply for the exam.
3. Being in the final year of the course also you can apply.
4. There is no age limit applicable for appearing CAT exam.
5. This is the top most entrance exam for MBA , all the top colleges like IIM's, XAT, IIT give admission so you must have at least 60% marks in degree.

Both are highly competitive exams in India, you must work hard. It is better you take coaching and refer the previous years question papers also.

Both the exams are online based exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?