12th July 2013, 07:22 PM
bhagavthilakshmi

How to prepare for IIT entrance? I am a average student in my academics

i am a average student in my academics. i want to know the basics of physics, chemistry and mathematics first then i want to prepare for IIT entrance.guide me and tel me some books.please give timetable to prepare for IIT.tel me the materials to prepare for IIT.

sincerely,
bhagavathilakshmi.

15th June 2016, 07:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IIT entrance? I am a average student in my academics

Basic fundamental knowledge of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry is key to excel in Joint Entrance exam Main and Advanced for admission in IIT. First of all you must focus on basic concepts through basic NCERT books of all subjects then you should go for standard books of these subjects.

Second most important thing is practice of questions on concepts gained. You need to practice as much as possible of numerical and theoretical questions. Go through NCERT books of physics, chemistry and mathematics of standard 11th and 12th. Solve each and every question of these books and revise it at regular intervals.

After that refer to standard books like HC Verma for Physics, OP Tandon for Chemistry and different writers like K.C Sinha, J.D Lee for Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?