20th April 2011, 10:29 PM
debdeepchakraborty

How to start the preparation for IPS while doing masters in Economics?

i am a 3rd year student of economics (honours).....i am an IPS aspirant.......i wud like to start the preparations on my own while doing my masters ......hoe shud i star????

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better between masters in economics or masters in business economics?
  2. When to start preparation for IPS Exam?
  3. How can I start preparation for IPS? I am a B.E Mechanical student
  4. How to start the preparation for MPSC exam? Books to be referred for it?
  5. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  6. How can I start my preparation for IPS? What is the cost involved?
  7. How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?
  8. When is the right time to start preparation for IPS exam?
  9. Can I pursue my Masters in Economics after graduating from BCom Hons..?
  10. How to do masters in economics? Does IIT offer masters in economics? List of colleges in South India?
  11. Jobs after pursuing masters in Economics from Punjab University Chandiagarh?
  12. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  13. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  14. How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?
  15. Is it possible to do masters in economics from abrad after completion of economics honors in India? -- [New]
  16. Universities offering PHD in Economics without requiring Masters degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to take admission in IGNOU for M.A economics? I have graduated from DU with B.A(H) Economics
  18. Which branch should I choose for doing MBA? I'm pursuing B.Tech(IT)
26th August 2011, 08:04 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to start the preparation for IPS while doing masters in Economics?

It's good , then i attach the syllabus of IPS exam,

Go through it ,
go your near by bookstores and collect those books which you feel the best..

Prepare yourself..don't go for more no. books , it may create confusion ,
and be through about your subjects..

you need not to complete 100 % of the syllabus, you may complete the 60-70% of it, but you should confident about your chapter that you complete.

And also go for some sample question papers , you can get a basic idea

Goos luck..~~
15th June 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start the preparation for IPS while doing masters in Economics?

can i do hotel management by doing MA in economies
15th June 2012, 09:28 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do hotel management by doing MA in economies

First of all, you need to be confident and stop tagging yourself as an average student. The civil service exam is one of the toughest exams conducted in India and to crack such exams, you got be the best. Being best doesn't means to have excellent academic records only. If you haven't been able to score huge percentage of marks in your previous exams, it means you haven't worked hard and that's it. Once you start working hard with full dedication and with positive approach, no one could stop you being among toppers.

Now, as far as the preparation is concerned, you need to be very good in certain areas, like general knowledge, current affairs, history, geography, english etc.

You should start your preparation by referring to previous years question papers of civil service exam. Try and cover the complete syllabus of every subjects prescribed for the civil service exam.

Go through daily newspaper thoroughly from the first page to the last to make yourself updated about the current affairs. Since you will be having a Essay paper in the mains, work hard on your writing skills and write one essay everyday on any topic.

Get yourself IGNOU study materials for the subjects you are preparing. IGNOU study material is suggested by experts because of its updates syllabus.

You may download previous year question papers from the official website of UPSC- the
regulating body of civil service exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?