1st September 2013, 10:19 AM
suresh bagavathiappan

Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical

I belong to 2007-2011 batch.I am a B.E graduate belonging to Electrical and Electronics Engineering manner. I have one backlog in my 5th semester.I have my course completion certificate but i still haven't got my 7th or 8th semester mark sheets. My aggregate is 67.8%.Am i eligible to apply for GATE-2014? My arrears exam starts only at Nov-2013. Need guidance ASAP as the online application starts tomorrow.

13th September 2013, 05:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh bagavathiappan View Post
I belong to 2007-2011 batch.I am a B.E graduate belonging to Electrical and Electronics Engineering manner. I have one backlog in my 5th semester.I have my course completion certificate but i still haven't got my 7th or 8th semester mark sheets. My aggregate is 67.8%.Am i eligible to apply for GATE-2014? My arrears exam starts only at Nov-2013. Need guidance ASAP as the online application starts tomorrow.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years . 3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam. Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.

You have completed B-Tech degree in electrical engineering so you are applicable for GATE exam .You have not any pending backlog so you can easily apply GATE exam .GATE exam not required semester wise mark sheet .

For preparation you should follow below given books -

Electrical Machines G. B. Gupta

Electrical Machines by S.K. Bhattacharya, Tata Mc Graw Hill

Power Systems by C. L. Wadhwa

Control Systems : I.J. Nagrath, M. Gopal

Digital Electronic by Moris Mano

Electronic Devices and Circuits by Millman and Halkias,

Fundamentals of Power Electronics by Robert W. Erickson

ELECTRICAL MEASUREMEMNT by SAWHNEY, E. W.

Numerical Methods and Transform Theory: Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S.
Grewal

Analog Electronics by SEDRA AND SMITH

Last Year’s GATE Question papers by GK publishers
15th September 2013, 10:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This entrance exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology and IISC Bangalore .

The main purpose of conducting this exam to select the candidates for the Master's degree in technology from the reputed institutes.

Eligibility criteria for the GATE :

>>Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized universities .Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Since you are a passout candidate so you need to submit a provisional certificate .Also you need to attach zerox along with sign of your principal that you have pending arrears.

>>There is no upper age limit to appear for the exam .Also you can attempt ,many times as there is no limit.

Note: From the year 2014 the GATE exam will be conducted online.

GATE exam pattern:

The best books for the electrical engineers to prepare for the GATE exam are here .Please click here

For any more details about the GATE 2014 ,please click here

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
16th September 2013, 12:34 AM
jayshree bacchav

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE after doing B.E in electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh bagavathiappan View Post

Hello friend,

There is no upper age limit for attempting GATE!!

So you are very fortunate that you can definitely apply for GATE 2014 but you will have to make sure that you have cleared all the subjects in BE and has each and every semesters passing certificate.

All the best!!
18th January 2018, 01:35 PM
thecatalystgroup

Catalyst group is online coaching institute for GATE IES & Civil Engineering, SSC JE online coaching classes. Catalyst group is best GATE, IES, JEN, PSUs, BSNL JTO coaching for Civil Engineering.
19th January 2018, 07:49 PM
engineershub

Yes, You can Join for GATE Coaching ,Engineers Hub the best GATE Institute for ECE,EEE,CIVIL & MECH Students

In GATE examination, candidates can apply for only one of the 23 papers listed in the table given below. Candidates are expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree. However, candidates are free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which they wish to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, candidates are advised to refer to the websites of that particular institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?