8th December 2009, 06:13 PM
nveeen

Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?

sir am studying in final year diploma(mechanical engg) student i want to continue my education.... can i take iit,jee,aieee entrence exams... or any other courses available to get good jobs...

Related Questions:
  1. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to try IIT and other exams after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Is it good to write JEE entrance after Diploma? Should i go for AIEEE instead?
  4. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  6. After diploma can I give the entrance exam of IIT JEE?
  7. Can i appear for IIT JEE while studying last year Diploma course?
  8. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  9. Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Can I entrance exam of IIT after Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  11. Diploma holder can get admission in IIT or NIT for first year of Engineering through JEE Main?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of three years diploma course in mechanical engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to write IIT JEE? I am pursuing diploma(final year student) in electronics engineering from government polytechnic college under UPTU
  14. What is the procedure followed to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam while doing diploma course? -- [New]
  15. Can Polytechnic diploma holder give the entrance exam for IIT JEE?
  16. How can I get admitted in B.Tech course?
  17. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. How many times can a person give IIT JEE exam? List of top IIT JEE government colleges? Eligibility criteria for IIT JEE and AIEEE?
22nd December 2009, 05:11 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?

yes you can attempt aieee after doing your diploma in final year,better hurry and apply fast because the last date for iit is already over and the last date for applying to aieee is 31-12-2009
22nd December 2009, 01:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?

yes you are eligible for them provided that you have'nt cross the age limit.

However,you can go for b.tech lateral entry scheme which is provided by many institutes in india.

or go for advance diploma courses in CAD/CAM,COMPUTER COURSES which are specially for diploma mechanical engineering holders,and the best place to persue it is CDAC ,pune and mumbai.
22nd December 2009, 05:02 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

yes you are eligible to write all the engineering exams as diploma from a AICTE approved institute is the eligibility criteria .........you and refer the websites for more details........
www.iitb.ac.in
www.aieee.nic.in
best of luck
22nd December 2009, 05:04 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

you can also get direct second year admission in some of the universities like mumbai university........you just have to submit the application form and on the basis of the percentage scored in diploma you will be allotted a college in mumbai university.......
23rd December 2009, 12:27 PM
mukilan

ya u can
during the final year u can
so dont worry
14th January 2010, 08:24 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi naveen,

you are eligible to give the exam because you satisfy one of the elegibility criteria for giving the exam like aieee.

but be sure to check whether you are fulfilling the age criteria also.

and you can also get lateral entry into some good universities like
mumbai university
pune university
delhi university etc

and you can persue btech from 2nd year.and after doing b.tech you can do MBA or write exams like UPSC,GATE etc
24th January 2010, 04:44 AM
edward
Top Answerer

yes you can give IIT after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering but remember one thing you can give it just 2 time in your whole life
29th January 2010, 02:07 AM
priya143

hi,

you can give AIEEE exam in your final year of your diploma course,because
1)it is listed as one of the eligibility criteria in the application brochure of aieee
2)also aieee allows a maximum of 3 attempts so in final your it will be your last chance.

but i think you cannot give IIT-JEE because it allows only 2 attempts so in final year it will be your third year after 12th and hence not eligible.

also keep in mind that there is no lateral entry scheme in IIT and NIT's.

best of luck
29th January 2010, 06:18 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes you can give the iit exam but now the time form the submission of form is already gone so try to give the give for MBA of private institutions, it will help you a lot.
30th January 2010, 07:00 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

yes you can go for iit & aieee
the cut off is 60%
you can also go for B.Tech or BE
22nd February 2010, 07:11 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
you can give the aieee and iit jee exam,
but for iit jee you must have 60% in your diploma .
and for aiee you should have 50% in your diploma course.
ok
best of luck
24th February 2010, 02:08 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

the cut off percentage is 60% for IIT and 50% for AIEEE..
best of luck...
21st April 2010, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required for IIT & AIEEE entrance examinations
26th April 2010, 02:15 PM
nveeen

Question Re: Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?

hi,
can u plz tel me about that is im currently final year diploma mechanical engg student how can i apply for aieee exam & what is d elegebality & criteria....
11th May 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APER FOR AIEEE OR IIT ENTRANCE IF IM DOING MY 12TH EXTERNALLY
15th May 2010, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

hi .. i'm vineet and i wanted to ask whether its alright to attempt aieee in 3rd attempt ... or it'll affect the placements..?
29th May 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

what further can i do after I pass my diploma in computer technology except degree ???
31st May 2010, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed in AIEEE.
Will i get in seat in IIT?
please reply?
1st June 2010, 01:28 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes you surely take on IIT JEE,AIEEE but you wont get direct 2nd year admission whereas if you answer other state exams or LEET you can get direct second year entry.

Its just about a year here and there but still try for IIT JEE and AIEEE as they are considered to be prestigious institutes of India

Cheers
1st June 2010, 11:24 AM
jeeban.jyoti9

yes you can surely give the entrances.each and every college in india have exposure to the entry of diploma students.you can get inthrough the LE-programmes ,by undergoing the special entrances conducted for them.just like
BPUT<biju pattnaik university of technology,odissa> has special entrance ojee for lateralentry students..
so please do check out the ndividual state technical universities website to kno about further querries
1st June 2010, 01:19 PM
rohan.s

YA yaar you can give GATE exam . if u will have good score in it ,, u can join IIT
1st June 2010, 05:44 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

You can give iit after completed you diploma course and many universities reffer direct admission in 2nd year for diploma holders you can save 1 year of your study be carefull
4th June 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i completed polytechnic(diploma) in EEE.can i write aieee and vit exams
5th June 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

EXACTLY IN WHICH YEAR CAN A MECHANICAL ENGG DIPLOMA STUDENT GIVE IIT EXAM AND WHATIS ITS PROCEDURE?
6th June 2010, 04:00 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
EXACTLY IN WHICH YEAR CAN A MECHANICAL ENGG DIPLOMA STUDENT GIVE IIT EXAM AND WHATIS ITS PROCEDURE?
You can give IIT just after you complete your diploma course that is in the third year in month of April.

Procedure to apply will be given on the IITs website when the proforma will be available. The main criteria is that you should score 60% your final year then only you will be eligible for admission

Cheers
6th June 2010, 04:18 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can I give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nveeen View Post
sir am studying in final year diploma(mechanical engg) student i want to continue my education.... can i take iit,jee,aieee entrence exams... or any other courses available to get good jobs...
yes you can give these test but only if you have not crossed the age limit. you can also do b tech. by taking lateral admission for that you have to fill forms like leet which are out now.
all the best
6th June 2010, 05:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes you are surely eligible to give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while
doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering and you will get direct
admission in 2nd year in these universities like Pune university, Delhi
university and Mumbai university. If you will get more than 60% marks
in your diploma then you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE exams and
50% marks for appear in AIEEE exams...........
7th June 2010, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

CAN A STUDENT DOING COMPUTER ENGG DIPLOMA GIVE IIT AIEEE EXAM ?
13th July 2010, 02:01 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes you can give the exam as you are eligible for that.

So do not delay and fill up the forms as soon as it possible .

The forms will be available in the market from the mid of November.All the best...
31st July 2010, 08:40 PM
s.k.singh

If you will get more than 60% marks in your diploma then you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE exams and 50% marks for appear in AIEEE exams so you can give the exam.you can also get direct second year admission in some of the universities like Delhi university.mumbai university
10th August 2010, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for gate exam as i am a b.tech lateral entry student in civil engineering?
10th August 2010, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for gate exam as i am a b.tech lateral entry student in civil engineering?
11th August 2010, 01:00 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
dear yes you can apply for iit jee and aieee both.
its need only 12th standard or equivalent.
then you can appear in these exams. and also you have more option .

with best wishes
aditya
11th August 2010, 02:16 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after doing final year diploma in mechanical you are not eligiable to attain IIT-JEE exam.

through JELET exam the you can't get chance in IIT.

the criteria to attain iit-jee exam is-12th science with PCM combination.

and you have got 80% marks in 12th.

so JELET exam you can getter other better colleges.

all the best..........
11th August 2010, 04:59 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you can fill the forms of various engg.exams as you are now a final year candidate.
there is lot possibility to get the forms shown at counselling.
14th August 2010, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

CAN I APPEAR FOR IITJEE IN 2011, I PASSED 2 IN 2008 AND I HAVE NEVER APPEARED FOR JEE?
16th August 2010, 06:41 PM
jiyaa

hi dear
yes u r eligible for iit ,and aieee entrance exam .forms r publised in month of december so hurry up and keep preparing
best of uck
26th August 2010, 02:00 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
definitely you can appear for WBJEE or IIT-JEE or AIEEE as your age limit is not reached.

if you are not interested to do so you can take admission as lateral entry through JELET.
for this study hard.

Good luck.
2nd September 2010, 11:32 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
you can give allthe above listed exams only if you have passed 12th board...
3rd September 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Can i give iit entrance while i doing diploma in mechanical engg. In final year?
4th September 2010, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

can i give iit exam while doing my 3rd year
5th September 2010, 08:39 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Yes obviously you can try for iit-jee ,aieee entrance exams but you have to wait for a year because those entrance is already over for this year. So don't be upset prepare well and crack the entrances next year.

You can also try for lateral entry into the 2nd year for btech as many of the institutions provide it.

But if you are really looking forward to get into job then improve your technical and HR skills.
8th September 2010, 09:34 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

i think no, you can't give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam while doing final year diploma in mechanical engineering

good luck
9th September 2010, 01:46 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

of course you can appear in the exam of JEE and AIEEE.But condition is that to appear

in JEE is that you have to secure marks greater than equal to 60% in aggregate in your

diploma. you can appear only three times in consecutive year of passing.

To appear in AIEEE, you have to secure 55% in aggregate.

There are some courses like CAD/CAM that you can do for your better future.

Best of luck
8th October 2010, 11:16 PM
sachinsharma
Member+

Yes u can give all the engineering entrance exam.u can also give the iit or aieee.
But u can also try the many institute which have provide letral admission for diploma students.
9th October 2010, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

can i give IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam after complete diploma
15th October 2010, 09:50 PM
docshakti

yes,you can give IIT-jee and AIEEE after your diploma.you should have regular watch on the website for filling up the forms.
16th October 2010, 12:04 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you may appear in iit-jee, wbjee or in AIEEE after completion of your diploma. also higher study is a very good option for everyone. so go for it.

best of luck.
16th October 2010, 12:33 AM
vik111

Dear,

you can also get direct second year admission in some of the universities like mumbai university........you just have to submit the application form and on the basis of the percentage scored in diploma you will be allotted a college in mumbai university.......

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?