22nd April 2011, 07:12 PM
aadhi.suzukihayabusa

How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

please tell me how to study so as to get below 500 rank in iit jeee.
also tell me tricks and tactics to get great marks in this exam.
if you do so you shall be very much thanked with unimaginable gratitude by one studentss heart.............

26th January 2012, 06:24 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

Hi

IIT JEE is the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam which is conducted every year for the selection of the students for the various B.Tech programs in the 13 IIT's in India.

Now a lot of students prepare for this exam day and night as the level of competition and the difficulty of the paper is quite tough.

If you ask how to prepare for this exam, nobody would be able to tell you that. Yeah I can give you some tips.

1. Do not waste time. Use it very efficiently

2. Try to learn and understand the concepts. Do not mug up if you are to get below 500 rank.

3. You have to practice from anywhere you can. Do not leave any topic which you would forget later on.

4. Take up some coaching and run with them. They would provide you a flow and also guide you best to solve questions.

5. Believe in yourself and god. You can do it.

6. Be honest to your preparations. Keep away from all distractions like Computers, Mobiles, Relationships, etc..

If you incur these in your daily routine, then IIT is no far from you.

Click Here for more tips from an IITian.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
26th January 2012, 06:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

IIT-JEE is the engineering entrance exam for getting admission in institutes like IITs....

You have to work hard to get into those institutes.

The best option is to join a coaching center.
Because in a coaching center you will get the environment of a school and teachers will always be there to clear your doubts and confusions.
They will take mock tests and will give you study materials and valuable tricks and notes for the exam.

So its better to join a coaching class, because self study is not enough for that.

But one thing is, there will many other students present in those centers and they will also get the same notes, study materials that you will get.

So you have to study for at least 6 7 hours a day by yourself at home...to become ahead of them.

So join a good coaching center in your city and try to join those batch which has less students, so that teachers can focus on each and every student separately......

I suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

* MECHANICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
o Resnick and Halliday
* ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM
o Resnick and Halliday
o Circuits devices and systems by R.J. SmithProblems in physics by I.E. Irodov
* OPTICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
* MODERN PHYSICS
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov
* HEAT AND WAVES
o Physics by H.C. Verma
o Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

* ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
o Morrison & Boyd
o Solutions to Morrison Boyd
o Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla
* INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
o NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
o Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
o IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal
* GENERAL CHEMISTRY
o J.D. Lee
o O.P. Aggarwal
o R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

* ALGEBRA
o High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
o IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
* CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY
o G.N.Berman
o Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
o Coordinate geometry by Loney
o I.A.Maron
* VECTORS

Some other books are:

Arihant Prakashan-Organic Chemistry

NCERT-Chemistry XI & XII

I.E. Irodov-Problems in General Physics

R. S. Agarwal -Maths XI & XII

Arihant Prakashan-Vectors & 3-D Geometry
26th January 2012, 07:00 PM
22prakash

Default Re: How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

For IIT exam your 11th 12th maths and science subject must be very good. Your all concept of this 2 subject should be verywell,also you have to know short trick of some questions, all formulae and reactions should remember without it scoring is impossible. With dedication 5 hours study is sufficient, coaching is helpful because it give us regular homework.
All the best
26th January 2012, 07:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadhi.suzukihayabusa View Post
if you do so you shall be very much thanked with unimaginable gratitude by one studentss heart.............
From my point of view you can do more practice because your rank too close.So you can choose some good listed books and prepare well those books .I have provide some good books name for IIT-JEE.

BEST BOOKS FOR IIT JEE

34 Years IIT-JEE + 10 Yrs AIEEE Chapter-wise Solved Paper CHEMISTRY
by
O. P. Agarwal,Deepak Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Course In Mathematics For IIT JEE 2012
by
Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

IIT JEE New Pattern Challenger CHEMISTRY
by
O. P. Agarwal,J. B. Yadav
Publisher: Disha Publication

Problms And Solutions In Chemistry IIT-JEE
by
K Singh
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2009)

This books are very helpful to you also are available in market.

26th January 2012, 07:26 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend,

You want to crack the IIT-JEE having good rank less than 500.

At first I want to say that IIT-JEE is one of the most tough exams in India. Many students requires 2 to 3 attempts or even more to crack this exam. But there are also many students, who can crack this exam in first attempt.

If some one really work hard, study hard, engage himself/ herself completely in preparing for IIT-JEE

1. Always start preparing from 'Basics' because it is really important to have a good base for a right foundation.

2. Never prefer solutions of questions before giving good attempt to the question. Try to solve the problem till you exhausted, always give a second or third attempt to the problem before moving to solution page.

3. Do not leave the question in middle. Never jump from one question to another in hurry. Lots of students practice questions without attempting it fully.

4. Always try a question with Conceptual Approach, do not just read the question and start solving it without realising the points that what is being asked in the question.

5. Divide your time well for your preparation of boards and for your IIT-JEE. So you will not miss anything. Time management is really important to do well in this exam.

6. Always keep the syllabus with you, before preparing the new topic look at the syllabus first.

7. Always try to solve 50-60 problems on per topic or chapter, but try to solve the quality problems which need different applications and concepts to solve the problem.

8. Make your own strategy to crack the exam, rather then following others.
Try to learn the fundamentals of the concepts rather then memorising the concepts.

9. Always practice previous year's papers; it will give you the idea about the type of questions asked in the exam, and the level of difficulty of the questions.

10. Always remember that time is really important factor for every exam. Try to finish your paper well before time, so that you will get time to review your answers.

You can also join the good coaching centre for your preparation. They will train you for the exam. they will provide study materials, mock tests, classroom teaching, weakly tests, all this will help you a lot. You just have to keep yourself updated with their instruction.....

This list displays the top 5 IIT-JEE Coaching centres in India offer coaching in Maths, Physics and Chemistry and also provides with some handful tips to crack the exam.

1. Akash Institute
2. Brilliant Tutorials
3. FIIT JEE
4. Bansal Classes
5. PIE Education

You also have to follow some good books, which will make basics clear to you. Dont follow too many books, which will confuse you rather. Only follow limited and selected books that suits you well...

The name of some books that can help are as follows.......

Chemistry

S.No. Author/Publisher Name of the Book
1 NCERT Chemistry XI & XII
2 P. Bahadur Physical Chemistry
3 Arihant Prakashan Organic Chemistry
4 O.P. Agarwal IIT Chemistry
5 Ebbing General Chemistry
6 J.D. Lee Concise Inorganic Chemistry
7 R.T. Morrison, R.N. Boyd
8 R.C. Mukhrjee Numerical Chemistry
9 Francis Carey
10 I. L. Finar Organic Chemistry-Vol I
11 Bahal & Bahal Organic Chemistry
12 Sienko & Plane Chemistry Principles & Applications
13 P.W. Atkins
14 Bruce H. Mahan University Chemistry

Physics

1 H.C. Verma Concepts of Physics Vol I and II
2 I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics
3 Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics
4 Sears and Zemansky University Physics
5 Nelkon and Parker Advanced Level Physics
6 A.A Pinsky Problems in Physics
7 S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics
8 L.A. Sena A collection of questions and Problems in Physics
9 V.Zubov & V.Shalnov Problem in Physics
10 S.L Loney Elements of Dynamics Part I & II
11 S.L. Loney Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies
12 R.P. Feynman The Feynman Lectures on Physics vols 1 & 2
13 Chen, Min Physics Problems w/solutions
14 Tipler Physics Vols I & II

Mathematics

1 R. S. Agarwal Maths XI & XII
2 S.L. Loni Plane Trigonometry Part I
3 S.L. Loni Co-ordinate Geometry
4 Hall & Knight Higher Algebra
5 I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable
6 Vectors & 3-D Geometry Arihant Prakashan
7 Vectors Shanti Narayan
8 V Govorov, P.Dybov, N.Miroshin, S.Smirnova. Problems in Mathematics
9 Bernard & Child Higher Algebra
10 Dr. Gorakh Prasad Co-ordinate Geometry
11 K.P. Basu Algebra Made Easy
12 DoroFeev, Patapov Elementary Math's
13 Krechmar Math's
14 G.N. Berman A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis
15 W. Feller Intro. to Probability & its Applications
16 Calculus J. Edward

Thats all from me....

Best of Luck.........

I am also attaching more tips which help you just before your IIT-JEE exam

Download it......
26th January 2012, 10:31 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
If you want to get a rank below 500 in IIT, you need to do a good coaching from an institute... Whatever you are taught there, you need to revise that after coming.....You should not create a backlog in any subject....Clear all the doubts on time...Do not mug up the concepts if you want to bring rank under 500..
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
1st June 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

How to prepair for IIT without coaching?
1st June 2012, 03:48 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Hi Friend,
You can get below 500 rank if you are really focussed and all your concepts are clear. For this you can join Institutes like FIITJEE, PATHFINDER, BANSAL, etc. You can also drop one year and go to KOTA to prepare for the whole year to achieve your goal. Best of Luck!!!
16th June 2012, 03:02 PM
cheriraviteja

iit is most competative exam in engineering stream in india more than 7 lk people write the exam from that only 9000 people are selected so u can understand the competition , to get a rank below 500 u should have confidence up on u,clarity on u r concepts in subjects ,and be dediticate to u r work because the pattern in exam will change from year to year so be prepare to all
dont think any small question to be easy , sometimes it cause a great damage to u
first concentrate on the core that regilarly seen in papers topics both in 11 nd 12 as u want 500 concentrate on other topics ass well to get more score concentrate on every topics practice well and revise 2 months before exam
16th June 2012, 09:57 PM
jigarparikh

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

Quote:

Start your studies from 10th vacation for iit exams. Prefer only one book for each subject and don't rush for many books. Make your own notes from the starting which would really help you at the exam time. During exams you have to just refer your notes and nothing else. Focus on concept and do not cram. Whenever there is any difficulty in any topic write it down in a book and clearify that doubt as soon as possible from your teacher/friends. Everyday manage your schedule for studies and if u work for above mentioned points you will definitely get very good marks in iit exams.
My best wishes are with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th September 2012, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I CRACK IIT WITHOUT COACHING
28th May 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare well for IIT JEE so as to score less than 500 rank in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops07 View Post
dear friend,

you want to crack the iit-jee having good rank less than 500.

At first i want to say that iit-jee is one of the most tough exams in india. Many students requires 2 to 3 attempts or even more to crack this exam. But there are also many students, who can crack this exam in first attempt.

If some one really work hard, study hard, engage himself/ herself completely in preparing for iit-jee

1. Always start preparing from 'basics' because it is really important to have a good base for a right foundation.

2. Never prefer solutions of questions before giving good attempt to the question. Try to solve the problem till you exhausted, always give a second or third attempt to the problem before moving to solution page.

3. Do not leave the question in middle. Never jump from one question to another in hurry. Lots of students practice questions without attempting it fully.

4. Always try a question with conceptual approach, do not just read the question and start solving it without realising the points that what is being asked in the question.

5. Divide your time well for your preparation of boards and for your iit-jee. So you will not miss anything. Time management is really important to do well in this exam.

6. Always keep the syllabus with you, before preparing the new topic look at the syllabus first.

7. Always try to solve 50-60 problems on per topic or chapter, but try to solve the quality problems which need different applications and concepts to solve the problem.

8. Make your own strategy to crack the exam, rather then following others.
Try to learn the fundamentals of the concepts rather then memorising the concepts.

9. Always practice previous year's papers; it will give you the idea about the type of questions asked in the exam, and the level of difficulty of the questions.

10. Always remember that time is really important factor for every exam. Try to finish your paper well before time, so that you will get time to review your answers.

You can also join the good coaching centre for your preparation. They will train you for the exam. They will provide study materials, mock tests, classroom teaching, weakly tests, all this will help you a lot. You just have to keep yourself updated with their instruction.....

This list displays the top 5 iit-jee coaching centres in india offer coaching in maths, physics and chemistry and also provides with some handful tips to crack the exam.

1. Akash institute
2. Brilliant tutorials
3. Fiit jee
4. Bansal classes
5. Pie education

you also have to follow some good books, which will make basics clear to you. Dont follow too many books, which will confuse you rather. Only follow limited and selected books that suits you well...

The name of some books that can help are as follows.......

chemistry

s.no. Author/publisher name of the book
1 ncert chemistry xi & xii
2 p. Bahadur physical chemistry
3 arihant prakashan organic chemistry
4 o.p. Agarwal iit chemistry
5 ebbing general chemistry
6 j.d. Lee concise inorganic chemistry
7 r.t. Morrison, r.n. Boyd
8 r.c. Mukhrjee numerical chemistry
9 francis carey
10 i. L. Finar organic chemistry-vol i
11 bahal & bahal organic chemistry
12 sienko & plane chemistry principles & applications
13 p.w. Atkins
14 bruce h. Mahan university chemistry

physics

1 h.c. Verma concepts of physics vol i and ii
2 i.e. Irodov problems in general physics
3 halliday, resnick & walker fundamentals of physics
4 sears and zemansky university physics
5 nelkon and parker advanced level physics
6 a.a pinsky problems in physics
7 s.s krotov aptitude test problems in physics
8 l.a. Sena a collection of questions and problems in physics
9 v.zubov & v.shalnov problem in physics
10 s.l loney elements of dynamics part i & ii
11 s.l. Loney dynamics of a particle & of rigid bodies
12 r.p. Feynman the feynman lectures on physics vols 1 & 2
13 chen, min physics problems w/solutions
14 tipler physics vols i & ii

mathematics

1 r. S. Agarwal maths xi & xii
2 s.l. Loni plane trigonometry part i
3 s.l. Loni co-ordinate geometry
4 hall & knight higher algebra
5 i.a. Maron problems in calculus of one variable
6 vectors & 3-d geometry arihant prakashan
7 vectors shanti narayan
8 v govorov, p.dybov, n.miroshin, s.smirnova. Problems in mathematics
9 bernard & child higher algebra
10 dr. Gorakh prasad co-ordinate geometry
11 k.p. Basu algebra made easy
12 dorofeev, patapov elementary math's
13 krechmar math's
14 g.n. Berman a problem book in mathematical analysis
15 w. Feller intro. To probability & its applications
16 calculus j. Edward

thats all from me....

Best of luck.........

I am also attaching more tips which help you just before your iit-jee exam

download it......
thats wonderfullllllll
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?