26th November 2013, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Can a commerce graduate do correspondence degree in Psychology? University offering 1 year degree in Psychology?

Hi All,
I have completed my Bachelor degree in commerce and few days back only i came to know that my passion lies in human study and psychology. Many of my friends ask me for help to tolerate with any emotional imbalance and meditation has increased my ability to understand own and other's moods and behavior very easily. I know it's not too late to get a bachelor degree but i wish to take a correspondence Bachelor degree and then do MA and then PHD. So can anyone suggest me good university to complete my Bachelor with in 1 year and then can do my full time MA and also that doing correspondence doesn't affect MA or Phd in anyway. I am hoping to do my Phd from USA. My age is 21.

Thank you
Chirag Gindoria

Related Questions:
12th January 2014, 02:14 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce graduate do correspondence degree in Psychology? University offering 1 year degree in Psychology?

It is often said that “ Better late than never “. It is good to see that you have come to know your strength and the area where you can excel. In this world of instability and high professional pressure, psychology is an important field since more and more people are getting stressed and emotionally broken. This field is increasing its popularity rapidly day by day.

You can do correspondence course in the field of psychology and then can pursue your Masters degree course since there is no age bar for the masters programme. There are various institutes that conduct correspondence course in this field. Although this field is still in its infant stage in India yet there is a huge scope of this in foreign countries. You desire of pursuing PhD from USA is really appreciable since you will not only enjoy better opportunities and scope but also learn the deeper insight of this field with better equipments as compared to our country.

The institutes which conduct correspondence course in this field are as follows :-
→ Tamil Nadu Open University - TNOU, Chennai (2 years course)
→ Institute for Psychotherapy and Management Sciences, Goregaon West, Mumbai (1 year course)
→ Indian Institute of Counselling, South Ex 1, Delhi (1 year course)
→ Alagappa University (Distance Education), Tamil Nadu - Other (3 years course)
→ School of Distance Education (Bharathiar University), Coimbatore (2 years)
→ Directorate of Distance Education (Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology)-Haryana, Hisar (1 year course)
→ Institute of Distance Education, All over India ( 1 year course)
→ Indian Institute of Psychology and Research, Bangalore, Karnataka (2 years course)
31st March 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a commerce graduate do correspondence degree in Psychology? University offering 1 year degree in Psychology?

Do I have any option in Canada for diploma engineering on the basis of 10th pass out in 2006?
Due to some reasons I was not able to continue my education but now I want to step up. So please kindly let me know if I have any option for the same..
9th April 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Now I m In TYBCOM after completing this I Wish to further study in The Field of Psychology. Please Suggests Me Various Course of This Field. Thanking You.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?