24th December 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

What is Graduation? Does it means 12th pass?

what is graduation? Do graduation means 12th pass ?I'm really confused with this word kindly do let me know a earliest.

29th December 2013, 09:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Graduation? Does it means 12th pass?

Graduation is the name give to the degree which can be achieved after one undertakes a course on completion of their 10+2 or diploma which is basically a study of a particular discipline of study. It does not mean 12th pass. It is the degree which is acquired after a student completes a recognized course after their 12th.

In 12th, you study basically of a particular stream. Then after completing your 12th, you need to get admission in college to pursue graduation course which involves a study of particular subject or subjects of your stream that finds application in modern world. It is like getting a deeper insight into the stream of study which you had chosen in your 10+2. Graduation is generally a three year course for general line studies. However, there are various professional courses which can also give the graduation degree on their successful completion and can be of 2 years or 4 years,even 5 years course. However with the modernization of educational system, you can also get graduation degree with one year correspondence course after your 12th. Graduation makes you eligible for various entrance exams through which you can get good jobs in defense,civil services,banking,railways,etc.

Graduation is merely getting the Bachelors Degree. After graduation you can go for post graduation, which involves deeper study of a specific subject. Admission in graduation courses occurs on the basis of either your 12th marks or rank secured in the entrance exam after your 12th. Graduation involves basically the college life. Hope your confusion is resolved now.
30th December 2013, 06:09 PM
sushri_mhnty

Dear friend don't be so confused its very simple. After 10th standard you do (10+2) two year course. Then after 10+2(+2) you can do 3year course accoding to your selected subject which will give you a degree from University that is called graduation. Graduation degree enable you to do pg,management course.
4th January 2014, 06:22 PM
ranjan82 ranjan82

graduation is furthermore study after 10+2. you get get your job according to it. there are lots of fields out there for graduation choose according to your interest. google about it and learn more.
15th January 2014, 08:13 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Graduation and 12th class are different from each other. Both are different academic levels that are being opted by the candidates.

Candidates who have completed 12th class in any of the stream are eligible to opt for Graduation.

I can say like Graduation is the next academic level for the candidates to join after 10+2.

The duration of 10+2 is 2 years. But it comes to Graduation, there are so many graduation courses. The duration will be 3-5 years. The duration of Graduation depends upon the specific course that will be chosen by the candidate.

Some of the graduation courses are
B.Sc
B.Com
BBA
BBM
BCA
B.Tech
BE
B-Pharmacy
BDS etc.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your 12th class.

I would suggest you to opt for stream in Graduation in accordance with the stream that you have gone through in your 10+2.

A mere completion of Graduation will make you eligible to apply for Post Graduation.

You can apply for job opportunities either after completion of your Graduation or after your Post Graduation also.

For many of the Graduation courses, direct admission will be given for the candidates.

However to join some Graduation courses like
B-Pharmacy
B.Tech,
the candidates should write the Entrance Exam to get admission.

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Wish you all the best.
18th January 2014, 06:51 PM
saikumarsk

Smile Re: What is Graduation? Does it means 12th pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is graduation? Do graduation means 12th pass ?I'm really confused with this word kindly do let me know a earliest.
"Graduation" is the professional degree like B-pharmacy, B-tech and etc., Which is also known as after completing of your 12th higher education, this is the next education standard.
25th September 2014, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 12th class in 2012 and pursuing my CA. Can I pursue my graduation now?
14th April 2016, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I wish to do my higher studies after 12th in canada. I'm interested in legal studies. I passed 12th class with 81% in 2015. Now I'm confused that... Can i pursue law or JD in canada just after doing 12th..or I have to do bachelor's degree before that.
10th May 2016, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I am 35 year old and i have only 12th qualification with 12 years of work experience can do MBA without UG degree
14th May 2016, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

Which bachelor's degree is good i mean i just want a good job in future. Im not interested in any subject or any field just wanna be a successful person so which one is the best?
16th June 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

What subjects should I take in bsc so that I can become a lady cadet in Pakistan army
15th July 2016, 03:53 AM
Unregistered

I'm btech passed student and i want to know that can i eligible for applying all the graduation level posts like SI, IAS,PCS,bank clerk??
Plzzz answer me.
5th February 2017, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Which stream is best in class 11 for get a job in government sector with a best post
28th February 2017, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

After Inter when you go to uni for BS or in college for BSC (14 year education ) in Pakistan that degree is called Under Graduation. And when u do Master (16 year Education) from uni that degree is called graduation and when u do M.Fill (18 year education) from uni that degree is called Post Graduation. and when u do PHD that degree is called Doctorate.
5th June 2017, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Is a BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) under WBUHS (West Bengal University of Health Sciences) considered as Graduation?
Also if a BHMS degree holder has D.el.ed, is he eligible for upper primary TET according to NCTE rule? (as NCTE asked Graduation with D.el.ed for this post)
9th June 2017, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

I had passed and completed my 10th standard so in 11 which stream is good for me to graduate and for some good job in my future so please answer me ???
13th June 2017, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 11th i want become a judge what should i do to become a judge ? What should i do? Do i need start preparing for clat?
20th June 2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

I am in eleventh class (non-med).I either want to become an officer in indian army or I want to go in indian navy. I just want to know that being a girl how can I achieve my goals? Also tell the subjects offered in graduation.
23rd June 2017, 04:11 PM
Vaishali@1998

Graduation does not meant 12 class. Graduation is deep and detail study of specific field or subject. After 10 we choose streams like commerce or arts or science etc. On the basis of these fields further after 12 we choose courses to study in college. Like if someone has passed 12 with stream science the student will prefer mbbs ,engineering or Bsc in medical or non medical. these courses are done by students to become graduate. So 12 pass does not meant graduate. To become graduate you have to persuate a course from college. generally the time period of graduation may be 3 or 4 years. After graduation further we can do post graduation like Msc, Mtech that is generally of 2 years.
So graduation means to take a degree from college or university.
30th April 2021, 07:13 AM
Unregistered

When will I be undergraduate
18th May 2021, 04:31 PM
suresh75020

Graduation is one of the important parts in our life. In graduation there are so many courses is there for your higher studies. You can choose your course depends on your interest. In my opinion, engineering is one of the most popular courses in India.

Eligibility criteria for engineering :

1.Students should have pass +12 in the science stream under-recognized board.
2.Students should score a minimum of 45% aggregate score in 12th.

Here I listed the best engineering course in India :

Aviation Engineering
Computer Science Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Biotech Engineering.

In my opinion, East west college of Engineering is one of the topmost engineering colleges in India. East west college of Engineering provides experienced faculties for students to get a high-quality education. East west college of Engineering helps the students to get scholarships and do more facilities for students.

List of Best Engineering Colleges in India :

East west college of Engineering.
MS Ramaiah College of Institute of Technology.
SJB INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY.
Presidency college of Engineering.
East Point College of Engineering and Technology
14th August 2021, 02:52 PM
Iffa0786

Graduation means 3 years degree course. You can do your graduation in field of Arta, Commerce, Science etc. 12th is also know as intermediate. So if you are 12th pass then only you are eligible for graduation otherwise you will be not able to appear in graduation.
1st June 2022, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

It means graduate means BA ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?