17th January 2014, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?

I have completed my BA(distance course) from Gujarat university with below 40% marks. my birthdate is 13/11/1982. I want to pursue MSW course . I have been working with an NGO which is working for the welfare of children since last 3 years .I cant afford fees and expense for the course .so I want to know whether I can get educational loan ? I want to know about bank ,rate of interest ,and procedure for loan.
thanks
ashish

19th January 2014, 11:46 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?

What you have mentioned in your question says that you have done Bachelor degree from distance course. so you may or may not be eligible for a regular post graduation course in social work i.e MSW as stated by you, where you are interested in.

But according to me you are not eligible for a regular degree course on the basis of a distance degree course as the minimum requirement for a postgraduate admission in regular course is completion of graduation degree from a recognised university of India in regular manner.

So first of all please ensure that you are eligible for the MSW in the university you are applying for. You can even apply for Master in social Work degree in distance or correspondence course from IGNOU or other universities which are providing this degree in distance mode.

You are absolutely eligible for this. Then coming to the bank loan kind of things; I would like to inform you that the fees for MSW in regular course is not much high for which you may need to apply for loan. But still if you want to get a loan for this degree you can get a studentship certificate after you take admission in the university and after that apply in Banks of your choice any nationalised bank for a student loan whose rate of interest is much less than normal loans it varies from bank to bank and is about 5 to 8 % or within that range only.

So with the studentship certificate take the student loan application form from the Banks and apply for the loan on that basis. and ask your college authorities to communicate positive when contacted by the bank for confirmation on your loan application.

That is all. if everything go well. you will get the loan sanctioned and carry on your studies well.
20th January 2014, 03:57 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Bank loan for further studies after BA (distance course)? Bank interest rate and procedure of loan?

Education loans mainly depend on the worthiness of the borrower. It is completely bank’s discretion to sanction the loan after assessing the credit worthiness. In a way, the bank also checks out the merit of the borrower. You have to appear in the entrance examination and score good marks for securing the loan. Bank interest varies between 12 to 13 per cent annually. A ny bank will not have any objection in approving the education loan until and unless, the course is approved with AICTE norms.
16th August 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

If I had get education loan,when the interest is calculated?only after competing the course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?