17th March 2014, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue MSc mathematics after completion of BSc computer

can i pursue M.sc mathematics after completion of b.sc(computer science)?

18th March 2014, 09:55 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I pursue MSc mathematics after completion of BSc computer

M.Sc stands for Master of Science. This is a 2 year Post Graduation program being offered by many of the colleges in India.

In order to give admission for M.Sc course, each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam.

You have to apply for the Entrance Exam and depending upon your performance in the Entrance Exam, you will be given admission for M.Sc course in the respective colleges.

As you have completed B.Sc in Computer Science, you might be having Mathematics subject in your Graduation.

Hence, you are eligible to join M.Sc course in Mathematics.

For some universities which are there in your state, you will be a local candidate and for the universities which are located out of your state, you will be a non local candidate.

Better to apply for the universities that are located in your state so that there is a scope for you to get admission for this course in a top college.

Collect the syllabus and Exam patterns for the Entrance Exam and carry out your preparation.

You will be having good career in Teaching field after completion of M.Sc in Mathematics and in addition you can also opt for higher level courses like M.Phil and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc

My suggestion would be to opt for any of the following courses
M.Sc in Computer Science or
MCA (Master of Computer Applications)

The reason being career prospects are more for the candidates after completion of MCA especially in IT companies.

As IT is in good boom, you can easily get the job and if you perform well in the job that you join, you can get timely promotions and salary hikes that will make your career fruitful.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?