26th April 2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?

dear sir, i was completed my BE in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in 2011 batch but upto now ihave been working in mechanical and civil engineering qa/qc in construction, because of that i want to do ME in mechanical engineering which course is better for carrier. now iam working in singapore

Related Questions:
  1. How to join marine from 2nd year?
  2. How can i join merchant navy? I am a first year engineering student with mechanical trade
  3. Is there any option to change the branch to electrical or mechanical or electronics?
  4. Which post will I get after clearing my IES/EC exam? Are the posts available in Gujarat?
  5. List of colleges offering Psychology?
  6. List of colleges offering DGO after BAMS?
  7. List of colleges in Himachal or Haryana which intakes through AIEEE score card? I've secured AIR 80079, state rank 11638 and state category (OBC) rank 3076
  8. How to do a job in electrical company after completing B.Tech in electrical trade with 64%
  9. How to get a job in electrical company after completing B.Tech in electrical trade with 64%
  10. Admission in B.E or B.Tech in Civil Course nearby Chandigarh?
  11. List of colleges affiliated to AIEEE in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the procedure to take admission for B.Tech? I have completed diploma in electrical and mechanical engineering
  13. Which stream to go for after scoring an IIT JEE rank of 2103?
  14. How to do diploma in electrical engineering through distance mode? I have completed ITT in Electrical Trade and now working as a government employee in Rajasthan Bijli board
  15. What is the procedure to change the college for diploma? Requirements for changing the college?
  16. Which stream is a better choice for me between Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering to get a Job in Government sector?
  17. List of Colleges offering part time Ph.D in Management in Finance or Marketing? When will the notification be released by these colleges for this course?
  18. Admission in diploma in Electrical Engineering in KSOU after passing ITI in Electrician Trade and while working as a employee in Indian Railway?
3rd May 2014, 09:21 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?

I think BE in Electrical and Electronics is not a bad stream it has also good scope. And i think it is best to go for this course for your future. And if you want to change your field then it is not possible if you had in 1st year then it may be possible but right now it is not possible if you want to do B.tech in Mechanical field then you have to do B.tech again.

And it is not good for your career and as you are working in Singapore then you should continue with your work and i think it is best for you. And there are lots of companies in singapore as well as in India there you can apply for the good job after the EE and don't think about any other course.

You can apply for the masters in EE and for this you can appear for the entrance exam and i think do again B.tech it is best to do masters. After that you will be get more salary package as compare to the now.

So, be practical which is best for you, you know yourself. So, you have to do Masters instead B.tech again.
7th September 2014, 11:43 AM
Elasaran

Smile Re: Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?

Is it possible but depends upon the college. U r in management quota in college u can easily change the course. U r in free seat quota. it's very difficult to change the course.

U get approval frm university. Then only college will agree for ur changing course.
13th April 2015, 01:53 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?

No, if you have done BE from EEE then you cannot go for the ME in a different trade.

If you want to pursue the Masters, then you need to pursue it in the similar branch as your under graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?