8th June 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

ISC or HSC or CBSE which board can prepare me better for SAT?

I wish to go into Science stream, so as to pursue Engineering later on. Keeping my options open, I'm going to give the SAT, JEE and also the entrance exam for BITS. I've studied so far in ICSE board, and found the teaching to be great. My question is, should I go into ISC , CBSE or HSC?
I have already joined coaching classes for 11th and 12th, and they prepare me for JEE. If I join ISC, will the portion become too vast and un-handle-able? Will joining an ISC college not give me enough time for preparation of SAT, or will it prepare me better for SAT than if I were to join HSC?
Is the ISC syllabus totally different from the HSC syllabus, and which will prepare me better for the above-mentioned entrance exams? Please reply.

9th June 2014, 07:47 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ISC or HSC or CBSE which board can prepare me better for SAT?

It is really good to see that you have already set your career objectives and goals and want to proceed in the right direction to achieve them. We will definitely help you by guiding you in the best possible path. Since you are aiming at the entrance exams which involve core subjects and you are also taking coaching for them, so it is better to go for a lightweight board of education where neither the pressure nor the syllabus is vast.

In view of this, CBSE is the best option. This is because of the following reasons.
- There is no need to take up second language in CBSE which is present in other boards of education.
- The syllabus of core subjects is at par with that of entrance exams's syllabus.
- The standard of english is not high which will enable you to devote more time on core subjects and prepare well for your entrance exams.

The syllabus of core subjects of all boards of education are more or less same. It may differ by about 20 percent.
17th July 2015, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

there are percentile system in jee main ,where ISC students rank fall down, although they achieve same marks both exam ( jee main & respective board). rank fall down because no. of candidate appearing 1/10 of other board(nearly 70000)
is this formula justified for evaluate any candidates quality perfectly
, i think , higher mass of candidate belong which board (say state board & cbse board) get advantage than a true performer.
this formula is relative. & depend upon others . so why isc candidate suffer ? are they chosed wrorg BOARD ?
SO CANCEL THE PERCENTILE FORMULA--OR--- ACCUMULATE ALL BOARDS EQUALLY TREATE
27th August 2017, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I am into standard X under ICSE board. I have plans to study and settle abroad may be after 12th or graduation. Please let me know if I need to continue with ICSE or shift to HSC and simultaneously prepare for SAT/TOEFL
22nd March 2018, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I am in grade tenth ICSE board. I'll pursue humanities. But confused whether to go for HSC or stick to ISC. I even wish to know career options after 12 th in humanities and which board will cater best. I am looking for my overall development in these two years.
25th June 2020, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of ICSE and am planning to study abroad after 12th. I'm planning to take science and do SAT and TOEFL but don't know which board to take ISC or HSC please help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?