30th June 2014, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I opt after 12th standard to pursue Ph.D in Physics? Should I appear in IIT-JAM for it?

Hi
I am Akilesh R.Bhandary I am now in 11th standard I have taken science faculty .I want to do Ph.D in Physics.But the time period for Ph.D is too long I am not from a very very Rich family.so please recommend a course or degree to complete my Ph.D faster and it would be better I could give IIT-JAM after 12th board exams.

28th October 2014, 12:40 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I opt after 12th standard to pursue Ph.D in Physics? Should I appear in IIT-JAM for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I am Akilesh R.Bhandary I am now in 11th standard I have taken science faculty .I want to do Ph.D in Physics.But the time period for Ph.D is too long I am not from a very very Rich family.so please recommend a course or degree to complete my Ph.D faster and it would be better I could give IIT-JAM after 12th board exams.
You can apply for B.Sc Physics after completing 12th standard. Master degree is the minimum educational qualification to apply for M.Phil course. You need to be qualified in Master degree (M.Sc) Physics to be eligible for M.Phil course. So, continue studies in science stream. Since, you are interested to do M.Phil Physics specialization. So, give more importance to physics subject in both the Undergraduate and Master degree course as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?