20th August 2014, 10:59 AM
Hemanth kumar Prince

For which subjects should I prepare for IPS exam after passing 12th in Madhurai?

Hi sir nice to c u here. ..
I m 12 std student studying in madurai
Can I know what are the subjects to be prepared for ips exam. ....

You cam mail me
[email protected]

Yours sincerely
Hemanth kumar

9th May 2015, 12:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which subjects should I prepare for IPS exam after passing 12th in Madhurai?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service. There is no special examination for it. The examination is conducted by the UPSC as a common examination for all the higher post as an I.F.S/ I.A.S etc.

The examination is one of the toughest examination as there are only few hundred seats are available where the application forms are in lakhs.

You are not eligible for the examination now but you can start your preparation from now only. The eligibility criteria for the examination is graduation passed candidates in any discipline are eligible.The age of candidates must be between 21-30 years for general category candidates.

From now you can focus on the English ( Writing as well as Grammar) put attention on all the events,action going around the world. Try to go through the History , Political Science, Geography and Economics of the world as well as of India.

Must have good knowledge of your optional subject.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th May 2015, 07:49 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: For which subjects should I prepare for IPS exam after passing 12th in Madhurai?

# Presently, you are not eligible for IPS Examination (Civil Service Examination).

# Only graduate degree holders are eligible for Civil Service Examination. But presently you have the educational qualification of 10+2 only. So, you cannot apply now for IPS Examination.

# First of all, you are required to go for pursuing any bachelor degree of your wish.

# As far as selection/choice of subjects taken in graduation, it is solely the discretion of student what subjects should opted in graduation.

# After graduation, candidate may opt any subject while applying for IPS Examination whether candidate has studied those subjects in academic qualification or not.

# It is better to opt only those subjects while applying for IPS Examination which have been already studied by candidate in school or college level. In this way, candidate can perform very well in those subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?