15th October 2014, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

After MS can I do PhD or whether backlogs of graduation will affect?

I had two backlogs (passive, now) in my first and second semesters of UG which I cleared. I had no backlogs thereafter until my 6th semester, after MS can i do phd or this backlog will affect me?

Related Questions:
  1. Clearing backlogs after 2 years of graduation will affect opportunities to get jobs?
  2. If I lie to the company about my backlogs then will it affect my chances during the interview?
  3. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities?
  4. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  5. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  6. Will Backlogs affect the placements?
  7. What is Integrated PhD? Duration of Integrated PhD? is it more preferable then doing MSc and PhD separately? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which government jobs can I get on the basis of 10th and 12th? Is it better to go for Higher Studies? Will backlog affect when applying for higher studies?
  9. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
  10. How can I go for PhD in Mathematics after 12th? Duration of course? In how many streams can I do PhD?
  11. Will backlogs affect me in seeking a good job in future?
  12. Is it possible to apply for CAT with backlogs? I am a BE graduate
  13. Can I give GRE exam after doing to US? What is the procedure and details on how to give the exam?
  14. Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate
  15. How much percentage is needed to get a call from IIM's? Will my backlogs affect my chances for admission in the IIM's
  16. How to od ICWA or CA after passing 2 backlogs in my graduation?
  17. After M.Com can I do PhD? Procedure of doing PhD?
  18. Can I appear for CAT with 7 backlogs in B.Tech IT?
18th October 2014, 11:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After MS can I do PhD or whether backlogs of graduation will affect?

If you have cleared all the backlogs, then there is no problem. If you are still entangled in those backlogs, then it might create problem during admission.

The admission into Ph.D course is mainly based on the Master's Degree and you must have at least 55% marks in your post graduation because most of the top universities ask for this percentage criteria.

So, if you have any live backlogs, then try to clear them as soon as possible because it will create problem during Ph.D admission as they will demand an original Degree not a provisional degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?