21st October 2014, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility, fee structure and duration of AMIE course for Diploma in Mechanical Engineer?

sir,I am a student of diploma in mechanical engg. .After completing my diploma I want to take admission in AMIE to be a graduate engineer.I want detailed information about AMIE that what is eligiblity creteria for admission ,fee structure and duration of full course.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility, admission, fee structure and duration of AMIE course?
  2. How to take admission in AMIE after passing diploma in mechanical engineer
  3. Procedure, fee structure, duration and last date of registration for AMIE course?
  4. Best Institutes for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Fee structure for this course and duration of the course?
  5. Is it possible to take admission in AMIE after completing 4 years diploma? Fee structure and duration of the course?
  6. How to get admission in AMIE after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication engineering? Procedure and fee structure? What is the course duration?
  7. How to apply for PG Diploma course in Supply Chain Management having completed BE Mechanical Degree? Duration, Fee structure and Eligibility for the course?
  8. Can I do B.Tech from AMIE after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. How AMIE is useful to us? Eligibility, fees and duration of course?
  10. How to do AMIE examination after finishing mechanical engineering
  11. Details, eligibility to apply, fee structure and list of AMIE colleges in Kerala for a student who has arrears in B.Tech(ME)?
  12. how can a mechanical engineer apply for merchant navy ? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  14. How to apply for AMIE being a Diploma Holder? What will be the fee structure for AMIE? Where can I apply for AMIE in online?
  15. Eligibility criteria, Course Duration and Fee Structure of B.Ed course in DU?
  16. Syllabus and Admission Procedure for AMIE being a candidate having completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Duration, eligibility and fee structure of SAP course?
  18. How to do AMIE after passing diploma in mechanical? What is the scope of AMIE in production, project engineering?
21st October 2014, 10:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility, fee structure and duration of AMIE course for Diploma in Mechanical Engineer?

AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers. It is a degree level examination in engineering, recognized by all State Governments, Central Govt., AICTE, UPSC, etc as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech.

Eligibility Criteria :-
Candidates who wish to get admission in AMIE must satisfy any one of the following academic qualifications from the qualifications mentioned below :-

1. Candidates must have passed 3 years Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering from a recognised Institute.

2. Candidates must have passed 12th standard or HSC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 45% marks from a recognised board.

Fee Structure :-
The fee structure will depend on the mode of your study. For example, a candidate opting postal study can complete the full course at just Rs 30,000.

Duration :-
The maximum duration of AMIE course is 6 years. And candidates who study the course under any of AMIE coaching programmes can complete the course in 4 semesters (Diploma holders) or 6 semesters (+2 holders).
21st October 2014, 11:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility, fee structure and duration of AMIE course for Diploma in Mechanical Engineer?

AMIE is a good option for Diploma holders and you can surely become a engineering graduate. You have to clear 13 subjects in total to become a graduate engineer. The best things about AMIE is that you can study wherever you want to and appear for examination at your nearest examination center.

Most of the people opt for job after Diploma and then go for AMIE for becoming graduate engineering while doing the job. This way they can get experience in their field as well as a graduate degree.

You must have a Diploma in engineering of 3 years duration from a AICTE approved institute. The minimum age limit for AMIE is 21 years.

For detailed information about Fee and duration of AMIE visit http://www.ieindia.org/member/asso-memb.pdf
27th February 2015, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Now i m completing diploma in electrical engg. in last sem & may i complete the BE with job.
28th April 2015, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Is AMIE is to hard for a diploma in mechanical engg student to get clearing the exams?
12th June 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have done my diploma in interior designing and i have been working as an assistant Architect also i have 5 years experience at the same.
Would really appreciate if you let me know about am i eligible for AMIE Course.

Thank you
22nd July 2015, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am doing B.tech in Information Technology from VIT University and currently I am studying in final year.Now I do not have interest in working in IT company.Can I do AIME course in civil engineering.Will it be equivalent to BE in civil engineering. when can i start the course,while i am studying in final year or after completing my graduation? Please help me out
27th February 2016, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

sir,I am student of civil engineering of 6th sem.I want to take in admission in AMIE at himachal pradesh.can I get admission with my all 6 DMC's or will be waiting me for diploma?
12th March 2016, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

What is Minimum time duration for diploma holder in amie course?
5th April 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

sir , I am student of diploma civil engg. I want to do my graduation through amie at maharastra . what is fee for that ? what is duration of course? tell me steps for course i.e admission process
23rd May 2016, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I have more than 45% marks in HS with physics,chemistry and mathematics. But I'm not passed in mathematics in HS. Now can I continuemy study in AMIE as plus two holder?
21st June 2016, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Of 4years mechanical engineering degree course I have completed 3years but due to my illnesses I can't go to college ,so can get admission in section B in AMIE
14th July 2016, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

In 2013 i have complete my diploma in mechanical engg. rest of the years i did job in the field of manufacturing industries. Now can i continue AMIE??? Is it possible Or What
17th September 2016, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a Diploma in Ele Engineering of 1964. I have working Experience of more than 45 Year in Ele Eng Field. Can I Get a AMIE without appearing for any Examination.

H.V.Seshadri email ID: [email protected]
19th December 2016, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i had completed my diploma in mechanical engineering... But i wish to do AMIE in civil engineering....is their eligibility for DME student to do AMIE in Civil engineering..
8th April 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, if any one who is having 45%of marks in maths, physics and chemistry in B.Sc, but not in HSC is eligible for AMIE.
6th September 2017, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of diploma in Civil engg. .After completing my diploma I want to take admission in AMIE to be a graduate engineer.I want detailed information about AMIE that what is eligibility criteria for admission ,fee structure and duration of full course.
2nd July 2022, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Yes.. I more about your Institute
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?