18th March 2015, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and requirements to apply for M.A.(English) in JNU for B.A. student?

Hello,
I am about to get over with my graduation from Maitreyi College under the course B.A Program. I wanted to further pursue M.A in English as my post-graduation course from JNU. Can you please help me regarding the requirements criteria and the procedure to follow up my desired course. I will be highly obliged if you help me regarding this matter
Yourse sincerely
Aakanksha bajaj

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and requirements to apply for a project in ISRO for B.E ETC student? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Procedure to apply for IAS entrance exam? Date to apply and the requirements for the same?
  3. Procedure and requirements to apply for Post Graduation in Economics course in GNDU?
  4. Procedure to apply for Ph.D(History) entrance exam conducted by JNU?
  5. Procedure to apply in JNU University PET for PhD(Law) aspirant?
  6. Procedure and requirements to apply for Internship in ISRO for B.Tech(EEE) 2nd year student?
  7. Does JNU provides M.Com? Procedure of admission?
  8. Procedure and requirements to apply for Summer Internship in any reputed company for S.E.(E&TC) student?
  9. What is the procedure and requirements to get minority scholarship? I am an engineering student
  10. How to apply for M.A English in JNU, Delhi?
  11. Which are the universities belonging to JNU? What is the procedure for admission in these universities? Any entrance exam held for all universities which are affiliated from JNU?
  12. Procedure to apply for Summer Training programme in BHEL, DRDO and Tata Motors for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student? Requirements to apply for training?
  13. Procedure of admission into PG programs in Economics in JNU
  14. What is the criteria of sociology M.A entrance in JNU? Can a student with physics honors graduation apply for it?
  15. Procedure to apply in Maruti for training after 6th semester? What are the requirements?
  16. What is the procedure and fee of MCA in JNU or DU?
  17. Procedure to apply for summer internship in IOCL? What are the requirements?
  18. Procedure of PhD in Hindi from JNU? Is M.Phil necessary for that? Previous year question papers?
20th March 2015, 11:36 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to apply for M.A.(English) in JNU for B.A. student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am about to get over with my graduation from Maitreyi College under the course B.A Program. I wanted to further pursue M.A in English as my post-graduation course from JNU. Can you please help me regarding the requirements criteria and the procedure to follow up my desired course. I will be highly obliged if you help me regarding this matter
Yourse sincerely
Aakanksha bajaj
Master of Arts (MA) is a two years Master Degree which is divided into four semester. There so many colleges which offers this M.A English.

Those candidates who have completed their bachelor degree are eligible for M.A English through The qualification must be obtained from a reputed educational university. The candidate should possess minimum 50% marks to seek admission to the course. The applicant must appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University.

The entire details regarding admission will be mentioned in the official website of JNU. You can get the application through either offline or online.

Contact Information:
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Address: New Mehrauli Road, Near Munirka, New Delhi, Delhi 110067
Phone: 011 2674 2575
21st March 2015, 04:44 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to apply for M.A.(English) in JNU for B.A. student?

Dear the minimum eligibility required to get admission in JNU - Jawahar lal Nehru University is mentioned following please read :

You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university under the pattern of 10+2+3 year course.

You should have at least 45% marks in aggregate in your bachelor's degree then only your application will be accepted.

JNU Conducts entrance examination to provide admission in all PG courses therefore you are requested to apply for PG Entrance examination and applications for entrance test are invited around March-April of the year and test is conducted generally in May of the year so you should be in tough with all official information of JNU admission procedure and entrance examination.

Once you qualify entrance test will good percentage marks then you can easily get admission and to qualify entrance test, you need to pass few subjects asked in test which are General English, General Aptitude and General Knowledge so you must keep these subjects perfect in your knowledge so you can easily secure good marks and pass the test.

MA in English Literature from JNU is the best choice of your career after completion of BA and you must not take your steps back if you have decided to do it because MA has too much scope in future in all government and private sector jobs and you can easily become professor after completion of MA and PhD in English so start your journey soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?