1st April 2015, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Is negative marking allotment available in CEED? Question pattern of CEED?

Hello everyone,
I would like to know the pattern for CEED.
Kindly tell me the question pattern of CEED
and I also want to know that CEED has
negative marking scheme?

7th April 2015, 07:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is negative marking allotment available in CEED? Question pattern of CEED?

CEED exam is conducted in two papers, Part A and part B. candidates who have qualified in Part A are only eligible for Part B.

Part A:-
In Part A, is conducted three sections
Section I :- Questions 1-5 (0.6 Negative marking for each wrong answer)
Section II :- Questions 6-15 (0.6 Negative marking for each wrong answer)
Section III:- Questions 16-50 (0.6 Negative marking for each wrong answer)

Part B:-
In Part B, there is no negative marking, because, it is a manual exam where candidates are assessed on their design and hand drawing capabilities.
7th April 2015, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is negative marking allotment available in CEED? Question pattern of CEED?

CEED stands for Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is an entrance examination which is conducted by IIT Bombay for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and PhD programmes in Design at some Institutes.

There is a negative marking allotment available in CEED examination.

CEED Question Paper Pattern :-
The question paper contains two parts as Part A and Part B. There are total of 50 questions in Part A and 5 questions in Part B. Duration of Part A is of one hour,and that of Part B is two hours.

1. Part A contains three sections as Section I,Section II and Section III.

--> PART A-Section I contains a total of 5 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions for 10 marks. No choices will be shown for these questions. There is negative marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 2 marks and for every wrong answer -0.6 marks will be awarded.

--> PART A, Section II contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ type question has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate gets 2 marks only if he selects all the correct answers. There is no negative or partial marking for this section.

--> PART A, Section III contains a total of 35 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.There is negative marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 2 marks and for every wrong answer -0.6 marks will be awarded.

2. Part B contains 5 questions, out of them it is mandatory that you need to attempt first four questions and in 5th questions there are four bits, out of them you need to answer any one question.
7th April 2015, 10:20 PM
kunalroy89

Examination of CEED is conducted in 2 parts.
Part A and Part B.
Part A is computer based screening test and only those candidates who qualify in Part A,will have their part B evaluated.
Part A has negative marking but Part B does not.

And only Part B marks are used to prepare CEED merit list.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?