9th April 2015, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?

Dear Sir,
I want to make my career in Indian Postal Service.
I am in final year of my B.Com.
Can you please provide me the details
that how I can join? What is the procedure and
eligibility for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  2. Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.E. student?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?
  4. Detailed procedure and eligibility to apply for Internship in AIIMS for BDS final year student?
  5. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Judiciary for B.B.A.LLB graduate?
  6. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
  7. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to apply in Indian Economic Service exam for M.Sc(Economics) postgraduate?
  8. Detailed information and examination date of Indian Postal Service exam?
  9. Detailed Information regarding CDAC? How can I join the Institute for Training & Placement? Information regarding fee structure and procedure for Software Engineering courses?
  10. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  11. Procedure to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing final year of Polytechnic in Mechanical?
  12. Procedure to become an Indian Postal Service Officer?
  13. Procedure to apply for a Job in CBI being a candidate of final year B.Com in Information Technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for B.Com graduate?
  15. Recruitment in Indian Postal Service for 12th passed student?
  16. How should I become an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I join Indian Army after passing final year in IT?
  18. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
13th April 2015, 09:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I want to make my career in Indian Postal Service.
I am in final year of my B.Com.
Can you please provide me the details
that how I can join? What is the procedure and
eligibility for me?
As per educational qualification, you are eligible for Indian Postal Service exam.

You can apply online through Indian Postal Service website www.indiapost.gov.in/

If You have completed 10+2 standard from a recognized board then you are eligible for Indian Postal Service exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

Indian Postal Service written test pattern :

PART-A (General Knowledge)
PART-B (Mathematics)
PART-C (English)
PART-D (Reasoning and Logical Ability)

The different weight-age for Indian Postal Service exam is given below-

40% weight-age for Class-12th %age
50% weight-age for Aptitude test
10% weight-age for Computer typing test

Procedure for Indian Postal Service :-

Written test

Computer skill test

Personal Interview
14th April 2015, 03:26 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to join Indian Postal Service for B.Com final year student?

The eligibility criteria varies depending on the posts. Generally the needed educational qualification for the Indian postal service are as under :

-The candidate should have passed 12th or 10+2 class examination from a recognized board or university.

-The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 27 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates,5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for Physically handicapped candidates.

-Recruitment in Indian Postal Services are carried out through written examination and interview.

-Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts civil service examination for recruitment in Officers post.The qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree.

-The selection process for the Indian Postal services are:

*Written exam which include questions on English, Mathematics, General Knowledge and Reasoning and Analytical ability.

* The computer test consists of data entry knowledge and typing knowledge on computer.

*The last process of selection is Personal interview.The final selection is made on the basis of this final merit list.

-The total aggregate marks for selection is 100; consisting of 40% weightage of percentage of marks secured in 10+2 or 12th Class, 50% weightage of marks secured in aptitude test and 10 marks for computer test (including typing skill on computer).
14th April 2015, 07:05 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you want to join Postal Services in India then there are following ways to join Postal Services through various Group B, C and Grade C level jobs which are mentioned please read :

Indian Postal and Sorting Assistant jobs : Candidate must have passed class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board.

Candidate's age should not be less than 18 years and more than 30 years.

Selection Procedure : Written examination will be conducted for 100 marks in which, candidates need to qualify four different subjects - Reasoning Ability, Mathematics, English Language and General Awareness.

After qualifying examination, candidates will be called for computer typing test, that will be just of a qualifying nature and if candidate qualify this test then merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in exam and candidates will be selected as per preference.

SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for the post of Inspector of Post :

Candidates need to pass degree exam of a recognized university and age should be between 18-27 years.

Relaxation in upper age is applicable to both exams of 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC category candidates.

Selection Procedure : There are two tiers in examination conducted in this exam :

Tier I exam : Four subjects are asked for 200 marks and qualifying in Tier I is compulsory and only those candidates are allowed further who secures minimum qualifying marks in Tier I.

Tier II exam : Tier II is consist of 400 marks for two subjects which are - English Language and Comprehension and Mathematics and qualifying in Tier II is also necessary.

Interview Process : If you qualify both Tiers then you will be called for interview process as per preference of posts you given in application form and Interview is consist of 100 marks in which qualifying is obligatory.

After qualifying all these three stages, you can become Inspector of Post which will be the post of Group B level in Central Government of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?