28th April 2015, 11:39 PM
Rekhansh jain

When should I start the Gate preparation while I have completed B.E ECE 4th semester?

I have completed my 4th sem wid ec branch. Shud I go for coaching for gate preparation in summer vacation n which coaching is gud for gate exm?? Can someone please guide me on this soon as possible? Awaiting for a reply soon as am not sure when I should be starting the preparation.

29th April 2015, 02:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I start the Gate preparation while I have completed B.E ECE 4th semester?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology every year.

This exam is of 100 marks and consists of 65 questions form core stream of engineering and aptitude.

In the present scenario the importance of GATE exam is incredible for engineering students because of the fact that it not only gives you chance of pursuing master's degree in technology but also gives you chance of getting jobs in Public Sector Undertakings.

So GATE all India Rank and scorecard matters a lot.

As you have mentioned that you have completed your second year of engineering, honestly speaking it is right time to start preparation for the GATE exam. Questions asked are from core subjects of your stream that is Electronics and Communication engineering.

Yes, I would suggest you to go for the coaching for GATE exam. If you have everyday college classes then you can join the weekend batch of GATE preparation. Made Easy is the best institute for preparation.

Batches are started from February of every year. In June the regular classes starts.

You need to brush up your basic concepts of each subject upto four semesters so that you do not get difficulty in understanding further subjects. Questions asked are conceptual and objective, so proper practice is required to crack the exam.
29th April 2015, 02:24 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: When should I start the Gate preparation while I have completed B.E ECE 4th semester?

The best time for preparation for Graduate aptitude test in Engineering entrance exam is after second year.

You can start your preparation right now without any delay. Work on your core subjects, develop understanding of each and every topic of different subjects as questions in GATE exam is concept based and numerical mainly.

If you are unable to do preparation for the GATE exam self, you can do so by joining good coaching institutes like:

~~MADE EASY

~~GATEFORUM

~~ACE Engineering academy.

You need to score better marks in GATE exam to get jobs in PSU or to pursue M.Tech from IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?