27th May 2015, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad?

Hello Sir,
I want to apply for Education Loan for
doing Abroad studies. I am in B.Tech and
want to pursue my MS in Abroad. Can you please
tell me about the interest rates taken by
Bank for applying for Education Loan for foreign studies?

Related Questions:
  1. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  2. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  3. Detailed information and interest rates charged against Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs for study MBA?
  4. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  5. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  6. Is there any difference in interest rate charges to study MBA in India and in Abroad?
  7. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course? List of Financial Institutions which offer Education Loan with Interest Rates charged in India?
  8. Should I opt for Abroad Education Consultants or continue studies through Education Loan?
  9. Can I get relaxation in Interest rates charged against Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST student?
  10. Can I get Education Loan to study MS in Abroad if already pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  11. Banks offering Education Loan with low interest rates to study MBA in IIM through CAT?
  12. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management? How much interest rates will be charged?
  13. HDFC and Axis Banks Interest rates charge against Education Loan to study MBA in India? -- [New]
  14. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA, Australia and UK?
  15. Interest rates charge against Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about recovery process?
  16. Education loan procedure for BHM course?
  17. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US?
  18. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan? -- [Most Discussed]
28th May 2015, 12:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad?

The interest rate is fixed by the Reserve Bank of India and it is same for all the banks under Government of India certification. The interest rate fluctuates from time to time. However, the rate of interest of SBI is 1% lesser than other banks. The interest rate usually fluctuates between 13-14.5 percentage and the interest is computed as simple interest for the entire study period.
28th May 2015, 06:47 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Applicable bank interest rates on education loan to study in Abroad?

Education loan is granted to Indian National for pursuing higher education in India or Abroad were admission has been secured. State Bank of India were providing loan maximum of Rs. 30 Lakhs for studies in abroad. The interest rate is given below.

* For loan up to Rs. 4 Lakhs interest is 13.35% p.a.
* For loan above Rs. 4 and up to 7.5 lakhs interest is 13.60% p.a.
* For loan above Rs. 7.5 Lakhs interest rate is 11.60% p.a.
28th May 2015, 07:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

The education loan interest rates to study board varies from one bank to another bank. Generally Central government banks like SBI, SBH are offering education loan at interest rate of 11.60% per annum and it may increase up to 15% per annum in some banks like HDFC, etc. So, I suggest you to take education loan from any governmant banks like SBI, SBH, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?