27th May 2015, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in 12th board exam to be eligible for JEE Mains?

Sir, I am in Class 12 and i will give my 12th board exam. I am also interested in JEE-MAINS exam. So, i want to know the minimum percentage to be aquired in 12th board exam for giving enterence exam.

Please help me in this matter.

Related Questions:
27th May 2015, 08:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th board exam to be eligible for JEE Mains?

Eligibility Criteria required to be eligible for JEE Main:

>> The minimum percentage required is 12th Class to be eligible for JEE Main is "50% marks".

>> You must have studied Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects to be eligible for applying JEE Main.

>> Apart from this, you must have studied any one of the below subjects as an optional subject,
* Bio-Technology
* Chemistry
* Biology
* Computer Science

>> Make sure you secure minimum 50% marks in total Physics, Mathematics and other options subjects to be eligible for JEE Main Examination.
27th May 2015, 09:02 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th board exam to be eligible for JEE Mains?

* JEE Main is for the admission in Indian Institution of information technology(IIITs), National Institutes of Technology(NITS), Central Funded Technical Institute, etc.

* The candidate who wants to appear in the JEE main 2015, must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent qualifying Examination from recognized board.

* But to appear in JEE Advance, the candidate must have qualified in JEE main and he must had 75% of marks in XII board exam.
27th May 2015, 09:45 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

The minimum percentage that is required is 60% and you will need to have an aggregate score of 70% in PCM preferably but the second criteria is not a must.
You will have to make sure that you get the aggregate percentage of 60% in your Class 12 Board Examination to ensure that you are eligible for admission to IIT.
To give the JEE Mains there is no minimum percentage required but to get admission you will have to get 60% in your Class 12 Board Examination.
That is the only criteria for the students when it comes to their Class 12 Board Examination Marks.
27th May 2015, 10:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am in Class 12 and i will give my 12th board exam. I am also interested in JEE-MAINS exam. So, i want to know the minimum percentage to be aquired in 12th board exam for giving enterence exam.

Please help me in this matter.
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Mains 2015 exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
27th May 2015, 11:41 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely we are providing you the Minimum percentage required to get eligible for JEE mains. And coming to the answer you should have secured minimum 50% of marks from the recognized university.

But you need to fulfills the other requirements like Age criteria and Educational qualification as well.

For the details regarding the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2016 you need to have a look on the below information.

1.You should complete the Intermediate with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects with minimum 50% of marks.

2.And also there is restriction on Number of attempts. One candidate has a chance to give exam only 3 times for JEE Mains.

3.More over for JEE Mains 2016, only the candidates who have completed and appearing their 12th in 2015 and 2016 are eligible.

4. Age should be below 25 years and there is a relaxation of " 5 years " for SC/ST candidate.
27th May 2015, 01:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects with an aggregate of at least 40% marks from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Candidates who have qualified JEE Main examination and those who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
27th May 2015, 01:23 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Joint entrance examination (JEE)is conducted by CBSE every year for admission to engineering courses at IIT's and NIT's.

The minimum educational qualification is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with physics, mathematics and chemistry as the compulsory subjects.

Candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in PCM.
27th May 2015, 02:28 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must have secured 50% marks to appear in JEE Mains exams.

Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subject in his 12th class.

For more details please visit : http://jeemain.nic.in/
27th May 2015, 03:26 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

JEE stand for Joint entrance Exam conducted by Central board of secondary education once in a year
There is nothing like that eligibility criteria in 12th board exam for giving JEE entrance exam you juts have to pass in all subjects and completed your senior secondary from PCM or any recognize board that's it
12th class marks doesn't matters in JEE mains you must have to score good marks in the exam to get admitted in the good engineering college
27th May 2015, 03:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

JEE examination is conducted by the CBSE every year for those aspirants who are interested in getting the admission in B.tech course in IIT , NIT , and even in the reputed private institution.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Mains and Advance. The eligibility to apply for the Mains are :-
* Candidates who are pursuing or passed 10+2 from a recognised board are eligible.
* Candidates must have PCM as main subjects.

There is no appropriate aggregate required in the PCM to qualify for the examination. So you can qualify for the examination but you have to study hard to qualify for the Mains and then for the Advance.

The Mains examination is conducted in the month of April and contains objective questions from Physics , Mathematics and Chemistry only. There is also negative marking on wrong answer. The examination is conducted online and offline both. There are only 3 attempts to qualify for the JEE only. There is relaxation on cut off marks for the reserved category candidates.

For more information regarding any query visit www.cbse.nic.in.
27th May 2015, 07:37 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Basically for JEE-Mains exam you have to clear JEE priliminary exam. For giving this entrance exam you have to score atleast 60% in 12th standard if you are a general category candidate. As if you are SC/ST candidate then your score in 12th standard will be minimum 50%.

Jee exam is one of the toughfest exam in india. You have to work hard for appearing in pre examination. As if you clear this exam then only you are eligible for JEE Mains.
27th May 2015, 08:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with PCM group with minimum 50% of marks are eligible to apply for JEE main exam. So, if you have minimum 50% of marks in your 12th standard, you can apply for JEE main exam. If you qualify in JEE main exam, then you can also appear for JEE Advanced exams. By qualifying these two exams, you will become eligible to get admission in any of the IIT colleges.
27th May 2015, 09:29 PM
pjgp

Hi friend,
After 12 th class to study in IIT students have to give jee mains examination.the minimum percentage of to be needed to get seat in NIITs is 60 percentage.if you get less than these marks then it is very difficult to get mrks so study the basics throughly if you pass in this exam then you have to attend jee advanced exam if you pass in this exam then you will be recruited to IIT.so prepare well for it...........

all the besti
28th May 2015, 01:56 PM
swatisharma6

Sir,the minimum percentage required for jee main exam is 50%. You have passed 12th with pcm subjects.also with biology,Biotechnology or computer science .
29th May 2015, 02:51 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for JEE Exam:-
1.You have to get minimum 60% Marks in 12th Class.

2.You have PCM as your main subjects in 12th Class.

3.You have to clear the Jee Pre Exam first then you will be eligible for the JEE Main Exam.

4.You have to clear JEE Main exam in 3 Attempts only.There is restriction for the attempts.

5.Candidate age should be 17-25 Years.There is relaxation for the Reserved Candidates.

You can get the other Information from the below link:
http://jeemains.nic.in
4th September 2015, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

sir i have passed 12th from bihar board with 61% this year will i eligible for jee mains 2016
28th January 2016, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

sir I am student of biology but I take maths as a extra subject.can I give jeemins 2016exam by taking maths a extra subject?
21st May 2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my boards with 63 percent marks
Will my marks be any trouble for my eligible in mains and advanced 2017 plz help me
22nd May 2016, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed 12 class cbse board exam with 67 percent this i want to gave the jee mains exam 2017 will it possible?
22nd May 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I have got 62.4 % in class 12th cbse board m i eligible to give jee mains or not !
29th May 2016, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Those students have 70% marks in 12 CBSE board eexaminatio. Then, can appeared for IIT Jee Advanced
13th August 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that can i do 12th from open schol i am done my 12th in 2014 i am interested in apering jee main 2017 pleas help
17th October 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

What percent required in 12th class or PCM for jee main and jee advanced

Salman khan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?