29th May 2015, 09:29 PM
MD.iftekar

Can I give exam for NDA after securing 5.8 CGPA in 10th class

Sir
I have 5.8 cgpa in 10the class and I take art in 11th class can I give examination for NDA and go to Indian army

30th May 2015, 10:40 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give exam for NDA after securing 5.8 CGPA in 10th class

NDA exam stands for National Defense Service which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. NDA exam is conducted to join Indian Air Force, Navy and Air force.

You can not apply NDA exam after 10th standard.

Minimum qualification is 12th standard from a recognized university.

Education Qualification:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university.

Appearing in examination is also eligible for NDA exam.

Science stream for Indian Navy and Indian Air force

Any stream for Indian Army

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Selection Process:

Written exam

SSB Interview

Medical Test
30th May 2015, 11:11 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for the NDA examination after being a Arts students in Class 11th. The NDA examination is conducted twice in a year. It is conducted by UPSC and for those candidates who aspires to join the Defence Services as an Officer.

The candidates must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 examination from a recognised board.
The age of the candidates must be between 16.5-19 years.
The candidates must have PCM as main subjects in the board examination.

So you cannot apply because of your class 11th stream there is no role of 5.8 CGPA in class 10th.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. The written examination is conducted in two papers of Mathematics and General Ability. There is also the procedure of negative marking on wrong answer.

It is necessary to qualify in written to appear for the SSB and then in SSB for the final selection in any wing of the Defence. For more information for the NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

The application for the eligible candidates are available from the month of January and July for the NDA I and NDA II respectively.
30th May 2015, 03:04 PM
sandy3183

A candidate having age between 16 1/2 to 19 years are eligible to give this examination. So first of all check your date of birth. If it is in between age limit then you will give this entrance test unless not.

Also they require 12th standard with PCM at the time of joining academy. Thus if you really want to go in NDA then you have to change your stream.

If still you are confused then here i provide you a direct link to their official website on which you will get full information regarding NDA :-www.nda.nic.in
30th May 2015, 04:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No ,you are not eligible for the NDA examination. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the entrance examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

Since you have scored 5.8 CGPA in your 10th class it does not matter but as your are pursuing your 11th std in Arts stream you are not eligible to apply for the examination.

The eligibility for the NDA entrance examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 examination from a recognised board with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. Also the age of candidates must be between 16.5-19 years. Only male candidates are eligible to apply for the examination.

The examination details and application form are made aviliable on the UPSC official website. www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2015, 05:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD.iftekar View Post
Sir
I have 5.8 cgpa in 10the class and I take art in 11th class can I give examination for NDA and go to Indian army
You can apply for Indian Army after completion of 12th standard through NDA exam. NDA exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 10th and 11th standard.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
30th May 2015, 07:44 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy
Definitely you are eligible if you are older than 16.5 years , it doesn't matters how many marks you got in 11th and 12th standard board exams the thing matters that is you must clear the written test held twice in a year conducted by UPSC

Eligibility criteria for NDA
1). Age must be in between 16.5 years to 19 years
2). Only Male candidates are selected
3). Unmarried male only
1st June 2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have got 5.8% and i want commerce without maths or can i go to indian army.
10th April 2019, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir i have got 58% in 10th class can I give nda test. Does there any role of 10th class % by giving nda test in future
20th June 2019, 11:58 AM
Deepanshu3010

To apply for NDA exam you first have to complete your class 12th with a decent percentage. You cannot apply for NDA exam on the basis of class 10th marks.

After passing class 12th you can join only Indian Army as you are from Humanities stream. You can apply twice a year for the exam until your age lies within the age limit 16.5 to 19.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?