16th June 2015, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Will my qualification and work experience help building future career along with Ph.D?

If i join a phd programme after a job experince and want to settle in abroad then how my qualification & work experience helps me in my future carrer. Can someone please just me if it's right to join Ph.D or not? Will it help? Awaiting for the answers from you all.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the benefits of internship while doing EEE?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  3. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  4. How to do MBBS if I am a biological group student
  5. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  6. Which are the electronic companies that offer internships? How to apply for the internship? I have completed 3rd B.Tech in ECE
  7. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  8. Pursing B.Ed Degree with 10 years MNC work experience?
  9. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam if having 2 years of work experience after completed M.Sc(Biochemistry)?
  10. Whether we need to have any work experience to pursue PhD? Is it mandatory to have Guide? Other important details of it?
  11. After MCA we should do M.Tech or PhD for better career in academic field? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to study PhD in Commerce/Economics if completed ICAI and having 11 years of work experience?
  13. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  14. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  15. Is there any company recruiting the people with aggregate below 60% criteria? How to get a job in software testing? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. In which government departments can B.Arch holders get a job?
  17. What should I do to become a lecturer? I am a M.A in Bengali
  18. How is M.C.A. qualification with 12 years experience for College/University Teaching/IT manager?
18th June 2015, 10:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will my qualification and work experience help building future career along with Ph.D?

Mainly, those who opt for Ph.D enter academics field or research field. During admission in Ph.D you will be benefited by the work experience if it is more than 5 years. If you have extra qualifications like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE then also you will have good chance of getting admission in reputed institute.

Therefore, if you are interested in academics and research then only go for Ph.D programme. If not then you should look for a job on the basis of your current qualification . Most of the lecturers go for Ph.D because it helps in getting promotion as well as you can become HOD or Principal of the college if you have have this qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?