7th July 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT if pursue 3 years Diploma in Engineering course on 10th basis?

Sir,
I want to know that can I do Diploma in Engineering after 10th of 3 years and take admission in B.Tech in 2nd year in IIT? Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  2. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  3. Can I do B.Tech after completing 3 years of diploma?
  4. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  5. Any chance to get admission in Pharmacy after scoring 37 marks in EAMCET? Am I eligible for Pharmacy? Can I get admission without qualifying for EAMCET?
  6. Can I get jobs in MNC's like infosys and others?
  7. Admission to B.Tech from IIT in 2nd year after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to study BBA if completed Diploma in CSE on 10th basis?
  9. can I opt for exams for IHM after passing 12th standard?
  10. Can I get admission in IIT B.E B.Tech in 2nd year after passing 10th class by Punjab Board and while pursuing diploma in 6th semester upto 70% in mechanical engineering in LPU?
  11. What is the qualification to do B.Tech course?
  12. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Can I apply for Civil diploma course after failing in 10th?
  14. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  16. Can I study Diploma in Automobile Engineering on 10th basis if completed 12th Science with 47% marks?
  17. Will i be able to get Job in software MNC's after my Diploma and B.Tech with 70% in aggregate?
  18. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
8th July 2015, 04:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT if pursue 3 years Diploma in Engineering course on 10th basis?

Unfortunately IITs don't have lateral entry admission procedure and you have to take admission in other engineering colleges if you want admission through lateral entry.

Therefore, if you want admission in IITs after diploma in engineering then you will disappointed because there is no such procedure for IITs. You should apply for lateral entry exams like JELET to get admission in 2nd year of engineering course.
8th July 2015, 08:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study 2nd year of B.Tech in IIT if pursue 3 years Diploma in Engineering course on 10th basis?

No, it is not possible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course in IIT because, IIT's doesn't offers lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examinations are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
8th July 2015, 11:41 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot study B.Tech in IIT institutes, because IIT institutes does not offer admission through lateral entry exam and they only offer admission through JEE main and Advanced exams. But, you are not eligible to apply for these exams, because only candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are only eligible to get admission in IIT institutes. So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT institutes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?