10th July 2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in NDA despite of being from commerce side?

10th July 2015, 11:52 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can i get admission in NDA despite of being from commerce side?

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply for NDA examination. NDA Examination is conducted for admission to Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. Being a commerce background candidate, you are not eligible to apply for Air Force and Navy Examination, but you are eligible to apply for Army wings.

Eligibility for Army wings:

-Intermediate in any discipline from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.
-Age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years.
-There are no percentage bar required to apply for NDA exam.
-Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Eligibility for Navy wings and Air Force wings:

-Intermediate with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized school or equivalent qualification.
-Age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years.
-There are no percentage bar required to apply for NDA exam.
-Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
11th July 2015, 12:13 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy (NDA) is an entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Age limit of the candidates should be 16.5-19 years.

* Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidates who are appearing their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
11th July 2015, 01:01 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, but you are eligible to apply only for Army Wing of NDA and not for Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA. National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission conducted twice in a year namely in October month and April month of every year. NDA Examination is basically conducted for recruiting right candidates to get into either Army Wing Or Air Force Wing or Naval Wing of NDA. If you have not studied Mathematics at your Intermediate level in such case, you are eligible to apply only for Army Wing of NDA and not for Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA. Or if you have studied Physics and Mathematics subjects at 12th Class, then you are eligible to apply for all the wings of NDA i.e., Army Wing of NDA, Air Force Wing of NDA and Naval Wing of NDA.

Detailed Educational Qualification Required:

>> For ARMY WING of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent is allowed

>> For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the Pattern of School Education with Physics and Mathematics, or equivalent.
11th July 2015, 01:05 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. THe examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidate in the Defense services as an officer.

The examination is conducted twice in a year by the UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.

Note :- Since you are the commerce candidate you are not eligible to get recruitment in the Navy or the Air Force but only in the Army.

The application form are available in the month of January and the July and the examination are conducted in the month of April and September. The examination are conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB.

Candidate on;y after qualifying in the written are eligible for the SSB and then after qualifying in to the Services.

For any more information about the examination click on the www.upsc.gov.in
11th July 2015, 01:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being a commerce student, you are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for Indian Army.

NDA stands for National Defence Service Exam. NDA examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidates are also eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 min .

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
11th July 2015, 02:17 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely get admission in NDA even from Commerce background, there is no particular harm in it. Candidates from any stream can appear for NDA exam, they just need to have cleared their 12th boards.
11th July 2015, 05:00 PM
pointer01

Hello,

Yes Dear, definitely you can apply for NDA Entrance exam as commerce student but, you can only apply for Indian army not for Indian navy and Indian air Force.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam-

Nationality-A candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age limit, sex and Marital status-A candidate must be unmarried male and have born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1 January 2000 .

Candidates must not marry until they complete their training.
Candidate must be male candidate.

Educational Qualification-

For Indian Army wings of NDA-12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School education or equivalent exam conducted by State Board or a University.

You cannot apply for Navy and Air Force wings Of NDA. As you are a commerce student.

All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?