20th July 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in Indian Railway being 20 years old SSLC pass out?

Sir i am diploma detained ( 2 years ) student and i want job in indianrailway can i get the job and i was 20 year old in sslc i have 65% ...pls help me..

20th July 2015, 06:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Indian Railway being 20 years old SSLC pass out?

Yes you can get job in railway job being a Senior secondary degree holder but for that you will have to clear the SCRA examination.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year.

The general eligibility criteria for the same examination are as following :-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

--> Your age must lie within 17 years to 21 years.

--> You must have a senior secondary degree or a degree equivalent to same with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as your main subjects with at least 45% aggregate in each from a recognized board of education.

The examination is held in two stages which are known as General ability test ( Written examination ) and Personality assessment test ( interview) held in given order.

Also you will have the option of Railway Recruitment Board ( RRB ) for getting into the same field. For more information regarding the pattern, syllabus and other necessary details related to same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th July 2015, 06:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have 10 2 pass with Physics chemistry and maths then you can apply for SCRA post in Indian railways. Selection is purely based on the performance in the written exam and interview. Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

If you crack SCRA exam then you will be selected for trainee for 4 years during which you will get stipend. After completion of training you will work as apprentice in Indian railways.
20th July 2015, 10:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am diploma detained ( 2 years ) student and i want job in indianrailway can i get the job and i was 20 year old in sslc i have 65% ...pls help me..
If you have completed 12th standard from science background then you are eligible for railway job through SCRA exam.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who are doing final year of 12th can also apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be 17 to 21 years old for SCRA exam.
21st July 2015, 01:33 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To join in Indian Railways with your qualification is not possible as the minimum qualification needed is:

Eligibility Needed:
  • Candidate should be a citizen of India
  • Age limit for the exam is that the candidate must have a age between 17–21 years to apply for the exam.
  • The candidate should have pursued either Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate

If you satisfy these criteria's then you can apply for SCRA Exam. It stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices and this exam is conducted by UPSC and held every year.

In the case of yours, having completed only 10th makes you ineligible for applying for the exam and joining in Indian Railways.
21st July 2015, 09:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get job in Railway department being SSLC pass out. The candidate need to follow these requirements and steps for Railway jobs.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidates age should be between 18-25 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have completed at least Matriculation or equivalent and 10+2 or intermediate from any recognized institution.

You can apply for the following government posts in Railway department :

* Clerk.

* Helper.

* Track man.

* Station master.

* Ticker collector.

* Gunman.

* Peon.

* Assistant police man.

* Commercial Apprentice.

The candidates need to write the RRB exam for the respective posts. The candidates who qualify in the test are selected for the various posts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?