2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Which is better to do if I want to become an engineer in future? 12th or diploma course?

I want to become an engineer. Should i opt diploma course or 12th. Will there be any problem for me in future if i do diploma and then engineering without doing 12th. Which is the best way. Please guide me

3rd September 2015, 11:25 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to do if I want to become an engineer in future? 12th or diploma course?

No, there will not be any problem even if your pursue Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course. You can do engineering course after completion of any of 12th standard or three years Diploma course. But, if you pursue 11th and 12th standard, you can get admission in B.Tech first year by appearing in engineering entrance examination like JEE, EAMCET, etc. If you pursue Diploma course after completion of your 10th standard, you can get direct admission in second year of four years Diploma course by appearing in LEET or ECET examination. So, I suggest you to pursue Engineering course after completion of your Diploma course.
4th September 2015, 05:19 PM
dinesh the king

Default Re: Which is better to do if I want to become an engineer in future? 12th or diploma course?

Literally speaking,to become an engineer Diploma is the best way as per my concern because it provides technical exposure,ideas of engineering things,training.Moreover it is like a short term course on B.Tech.
And the only disadvantage of diploma is your analytical skills won't be increased.But that can be increased by practicing.
4th September 2015, 08:58 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

No, there will be no problem in future if you do Diploma and then Engineering. After completing Diploma in a particular field you have to appear JELET entrance exam and then you will get admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech. After that you can complete your B.Tech.
But according to me passing class 12th and then appearing for B.Tech is better for the candidate seeking for a career in Engineering. The candidate will get basic idea about Science subjects if he/she completes class 12th.

All the best.
4th September 2015, 10:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If you are willing to apply for jobs with 12th based qualification, then the best option available for you is doing Engineering after 12th Class. On the other hand if you are willing to apply for Diploma qualification based jobs, then doing Diploma course is best before pursuing Engineering course. The only difference between two ways is that, "Technical Knowledge". Yes, candidates who successfully complete their Diploma course would have good technical skills and knowledge of the particular stream where as 12th class subjects do not give good technical knowledge. So if you are willing to get good technical knowledge and opt job opportunities with Diploma based qualification or B.E/ B.Tech Qualification, in this case doing Diploma is best for you or else you may go with 12th Class. As far as my knowledge is concerned, doing Diploma course when you are very concerned about technical knowledge.
4th September 2015, 11:18 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

12th and diploma course, both can be done to become an Engineer.
But if you study 12th class and then opt for engineering, then it will be best for you.
Candidate will have better knowledge base after completing 12th.
You will be good in Physics and Mathematics. It will be benefit for you while pursuing graduation.

There will be no problem in future if you do diploma and then engineering without doing 12th.
14th September 2015, 08:58 PM
DSP@1

For any candidate who wants to become and Engineer will have two options after his/her 10th standard they are :-
12th standard,
Diploma.

Coming to the syllabus these both are two different courses which have positives and negatives in equal.

Coming to Intermediate or 12th standard here you will learn about the Science subjects and you are eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT for pursuing your graduation.If you want to get job after completing 12th standard it will be very hard find jobs and moreover you will not get any Technical job on 12th basis.Here you can choose any stream in your graduation.

Whereas coming your Diploma here your subjects will be based on the stream which you have chosen.You are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT.By doing this course you can get Technical jobs and jobs which are relevant to 12th standard.If you want to join graduation course after this course you have to choose the stream which is relevant to your Diploma stream.

So coming to conclusion if you not yet decided which stream you want to join and interested to join IIT/NIT for graduation then you better join intermediate/12th standard.

Or else if you have selected the stream which you want to do in your graduation and has no that interest on IIT/NIT then you better go for Diploma as you can gain better knowledge about the subjects of your stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?