6th September 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a B.Sc(Mathematics) graduate?

Sir,
Can B.Sc students are eligible to give CDS exam? I have completed my B.Sc in Mathematics. I am eligible or not for CDS? Please reply as soon as possible.

11th September 2015, 06:29 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a B.Sc(Mathematics) graduate?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS exam being B.Sc Mathematics graduate.

Eligibility for CDS :

Age Limit :
19-24 Years : Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years : Naval Academy
19-23 Years : Air Force Academy
19-25 Years : officers’ Training Academy

Educational Qualifications :
Indian Army : Candidate must have degree in any stream.
Navy : Candidate must have passed B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics.
Air Force : candidate must have passed B.Sc with Physics and/or Mathematics.
11th September 2015, 10:29 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a B.Sc(Mathematics) graduate?

Combined Defense Service (CDS) exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy etc.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate can subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

* Candidate should be unmarried male and should not born earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997 for the post of IMA, INA, Indian Air Force.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 20 years and maximum of 25 years.

* Candidate can be married or unmarried for the post of OTA.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidate should have passed class 12th with the subjects Physics, Maths, Chemistry.

* Candidate should be physically fit without any deformities.
11th September 2015, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Can B.Sc students are eligible to give CDS exam? I have completed my B.Sc in Mathematics. I am eligible or not for CDS? Please reply as soon as possible.
You have completed B.Sc degree so you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19to 25 Years
12th September 2015, 12:19 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are very certainly eligible to apply for Combined Defense Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Yes, B.Sc Mathematics students are eligible to apply for CDS Examination for sure. There are several cadets in Combined Defense Services and they are,
>> Air Force Academy
>> Naval Academy
>> Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy

Basic Educational Qualification Required:

@ For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and/ or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering is required.

@ For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (or) Bachelor of Engineering is required.

@ For Officer Training Academy (OTA) and Indian Military Academy (IMA): Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?