26th September 2015, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for giving government banking exams if I have completed my graduation with 48% marks?

Hello Sir/Mam,

Please guide me i want to go for government exams am i eligible for banking exams.what exams i should appear for and what type of job i can get kindly tell me in detail? Hope that someone would be ready to answer on this. Thank you!

26th September 2015, 11:01 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for giving government banking exams if I have completed my graduation with 48% marks?

If you are interested in jobs in government sector, you can apply for the following entranc exams for the post of clerk or probationary officer:

1. Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written examination.

2. SBI entrance exam.

The minimum academic qualification for both these exams is graduation with passing percentage of marks, so you are eligible for both of these exams. The age limit for different posts are:

>>IBPS clerk: 20-28 years.

>>IBPS PO: 20-30 years.

>>SBI Clerk: 18-30 years.

>>SBI PO: 21-30 years.

Upper age relaxed for candidates of reserved category. With 48% marks in bachelor's degree, you are eligible for both exams.

For more details about IBPS, you can visit www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
26th September 2015, 01:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for giving government banking exams if I have completed my graduation with 48% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

Please guide me i want to go for government exams am i eligible for banking exams.what exams i should appear for and what type of job i can get kindly tell me in detail? Hope that someone would be ready to answer on this. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO and clerical exam because you have completed graduation degree with 48% marks.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
26th September 2015, 05:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for giving government banking examination having secured 48% aggregate in your graduation course as the marks in the same degree is not crucial for anyone's eligibility for giving the bank examinations.

The most important bank examinations held for the recruitment of bank employees at the post of bank clerk and bank probationary officer are IBPS bank examination and SBI bank examination.

The qualifications required for appearing in these examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have done your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. Percentage does not matters if you have passed in your degree course.

* Your age must be within 20 years to 28 years for the post of bank clerk where as for bank probationary officer it must be within 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have the knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are mostly computer based.

Also the examination is held in three stages which are called as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview respectively.

For more information regarding the same examinations you can log on to the respective official links of above mentioned examinations which are as www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.in.
26th September 2015, 10:30 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs like IAS, IFS, IPS , Banking Sector , SSC etc..
There are certain eligibility criteria for this exam which are as follows:

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.
26th September 2015, 11:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to give government banking examination even after securing just 48% marks in Graduation. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Banking related recruitment examinations is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university in any discipline. One more important thing I would like to convey is "There is no certain minimum percentage is required" in order to be eligible. Yes, since there is no certain percentage is required and Just PASS in Graduation is required I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in Government banking examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?