26th September 2015, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for CS Executive being a CA CPT student?

I am a CA CPT student. Now i want to register for CS executive, Am i eligible for the CS executive?

26th September 2015, 10:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for CS Executive being a CA CPT student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a CA CPT student. Now i want to register for CS executive, Am i eligible for the CS executive?
CA-CPT is an CA entry level exam conducted by the Chartered Accountant of India. Since, you are interested to apply for Company Secretary course. CA-CPT is not valid for Company Secretary course. You are required to complete Graduation to be eligible for Company Secretary intermediate course.
27th September 2015, 03:57 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

No, Being CA-CPT you are not Eligible for CS Executive Programme.

Graduates and CA-IPCC completed Students and ICWA Inter Completed Students are Eligilb eligible ICSI CS Executive programme directly with the Skip of Foundation of ICSI.

If you want to start a course of Company Secretary, then you have to apply for the CS foundation examination after 12th and if you want to apply after graduation then you can take directly admission to the CS intre exams which is basically the second stage of the course.

When you apply for the registration then they mention that your registration will be valid for 5 years and after that you have to apply for the de-nova registration. The stages and the subjects of CS are-
Foundation Level-
1. English
2. law
3. Management.
4. maths.

Inter Level
1. General and commercial law
2. Cost accounting
3. Tax
4. Company law
5. Economic and labour law
6. Security law.

Final level
1. Secretarial practice
2. Drafting ,pledging
3. Financial and forex management
4. Merger and restructuring.
5. Information technology
6. Advance taxation
7. business ethics
8. Corporate governance.

After passing foundation there will be 9 months gap are their between next level.
Between this gap you have to do one computer course and one SIP program and there will be 15 months of training under practicing CS after passing your inter exam.
27th September 2015, 04:16 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you are eligible for direct entry into the Executive Programme of the Indian Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
A graduate from any field of study except fine arts who cleared the CPT is eligible for this programme. The admission for the same is open throughout the year. The candidates should clear Executive Programme followed by the Professional Examination. This should be supplemented by the Modular Training. Then he becomes fully fledged company secretary.
27th September 2015, 11:49 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***Yes the Students who have cleared CA-CPT or have cleared CMA Foundation Exams or students who have a Master degree in any discipline other than Fine Arts are exempt from appearing CS Foundation Exams.

**Minimum duration:--
~2 1/2 years (after graduation), 3 1/2 years (after Class 12)

**Exams dates~~~>

-Conducted in June and December every year for all three levels

**Fees==>
~Rs 25,000 (including registration, examination and computer training)..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?