31st October 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I not eligible for campus placements if I have less than 60% marks in B.Sc?

Hi!

I am Priyanka Gupta. My qualification is as follows
HighSchool - 68.50%
InterMediate-58.80%
B.Sc -50%
M.Sc-81.18%
M.Phil-62%
M.Tech(pursuing)-71.15%(Till Now)
All companies visiting campus come with the 60% throughout criteria. am I not illegible for any good company?
Kindly tell me that what can I do for getting into a good company?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility for on campus placements for B.Tech candidates?
  2. What is the minimum percentage required to be eligible for campus placements?
  3. What is the common eligibility criteria followed for campus placement?
  4. Am I eligible to attend IT on campus placements if I got 58% marks in 12th? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for campus placement if I have scored 59.6% marks in 12th?
  6. What is the percentage criteria asked for B.Tech during campus placements?
  7. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in B.Tech from NSIT college to be eligible for off campus placements?
  8. Am I eligible for off campus placements after scoring 62% in 10th SSC, 70% in Inter, 71% in degree and 71% in MCA?
  9. Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of companies which I am eligible for campus placements if have more than 60% marks throughout studies?
  11. Am I eligible for Campus Placements having secured 65% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 65% in B.Tech?
  12. Am I eligible for campus placements if I have 59% marks in my intermediate?
  13. Am I eligible for attending campus placement when I have one backlog in 6th semester?
  14. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for campus placements?
  15. How to register for IIT JEE aptitude test?
  16. After scoring 47% in ISc will I be eligible for campus placements?
  17. Am I eligible for Campus Placements having secured 76.16% in 10th, 59.66% in 12th and 88.2% in BE?
  18. Am I eligible for AIEEE next year after scoring 57.80% in state board? Role of 12th marks in campus placements?
31st October 2015, 11:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I not eligible for campus placements if I have less than 60% marks in B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi!

I am Priyanka Gupta. My qualification is as follows
HighSchool - 68.50%
InterMediate-58.80%
B.Sc -50%
M.Sc-81.18%
M.Phil-62%
M.Tech(pursuing)-71.15%(Till Now)
All companies visiting campus come with the 60% throughout criteria. am I not illegible for any good company?
Kindly tell me that what can I do for getting into a good company?
First of all congrats on studying all these courses but coming back on what you have mentioned, yeah companies which comes in campus expect candidates to have overall 60% aggregate throughout their academics, and it is not all the companies expect this criteria.

There are many MNC companies which even have 50-55% as aggregate throughout academics. It dosen't mean that persons who have above 60% are well educated and capable, it is only a part of short listing process. Having mentioned all your qualification marks, it seems that you have not crossed 60% in your +2 and UG which dosen't matter for most of the companies.

As far certain companies are concerned they see your UG marks if you have completed PG, but having got below 60 in your UG, you can only apply for companies which has 55% as aggregate. It is also to be noted that companies which has 60% criteria is not all a big companies and the company which dosen't have the criteria is not considered low. It is a matter of fact of shortlisting only.

You can opt for going for off campus drives conducted by various companies, because all the companies would not come to your college for campus but you can search and apply for them in off campus and get a better job in a good designation with your qualification.
1st November 2015, 12:29 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I not eligible for campus placements if I have less than 60% marks in B.Sc?

Yes, it is true that you are not eligible to sit for the recruitment drive of most of the companies. This is because most of the companies have 60% as their eligibility criteria. Since you have less than 60% in your intermediate and graduation. However, there is nothing to get disheartened. You should aim at higher studies like PhD where you can do wonder at research work and then there will be line of companies behind you. There are limited companies like Syntel, MuSigma which accept portfolio below 60%. SO you should try for such companies and make the most of the opportunity to get an employment opportunity.
1st November 2015, 12:55 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Some companies recruiting even if you have less than 60% of marks. But there is a less chances available for those candidates who have secured less than 60%.

Even if you not get good job in software field you can also try in government field. There are lot of oppotunities available for B.Sc students in various sectors.

<> Banking

<> Staff Selection Commission

<> Defense

<> Civil Services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?