4th November 2015, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to become an IAS officer with commerce stream?

I am a commerce student. I want to become an IAS officer. Can a commerce student apply for this post. What is the procedure for it What should be studied after 12 th.is graduation necessary for it? Can someone please give me the answer on this?

4th November 2015, 09:57 PM
rrooxx

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to become an IAS officer with commerce stream?

~>After passing 12th you are not eligible to apply for the IAS officer examination as the minimum academic qualification for IAS is Graduation. But after passing 12th you can start preparation for Civil Service Exam to become an IAS officer.

**Eligibility Criteria:-

-Applicant must be Indian Citizen.
-Interested candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream.
-Age of the general candidate should be between - 21 to 30 years.
-Age of the OBC candidate should be between - 21 to 33 years.
-Age of the SC/ST candidate should be between - 21 to 35 years.
4th November 2015, 10:36 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to become an IAS officer with commerce stream?

If you are a commerce candidate in the 12th class then i would like to advice you to work on your basics because you have a very long time to be an I.A.S. officer because the minimum educational qualification required to apply for this is Graduation.

>> And for the Graduation if you will choose art stream that could be much better for you because most of the toppers in this exam are every-time found from the art stream and from the Geography or Political Science and History subjects. So you can choose any of these subjects as the Main subject in Graduation and Hindi and English are concerned always elective subjects.

>> And for the Preparation of the I.A.S. you have to study every subject in Graduation carefully you have to gain maximum knowledge than the percentage of marks in Graduation because if you have the basic knowledge then marks will automatically best and in that you have to also concern it that you are studding it for I.A.S. preparation and if select the Geography as the main subject then you have to understand it clearly and basically so that you could easily apply it in I.A.S. exam.

>> And after the Graduation if you need for the coaching then can also go for it and best will be that you should work under a guide for the I.A.S. preparation just from the graduation so that you can easily crack the exam.
4th November 2015, 10:56 PM
ant man

You must do graduation after completing 12th. Being from commerce stream you can apply for IAS exam.

The minimum education qualification required for IAS is graudation. IAS is a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC board every year. For getting application or to get results you can check the website www.upsc.gov.in

Eligibility for IAS :
1. You must complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
2. The age limit for applying for IAS is 21- 30 years.
3. You must be a Indian citizen.
4. There are upper age relaxation is provided for OBC up to 3 years and for SC/ST is 5 years.
5. Ex-servicemen who have completed their service can get up to 5 years upper age relaxation.

The no. of times writing the exams :
1. OC's can write up to 3 times
2. OBC's can write up to 7 times
3. There is no such limit for SC/ST candidates.
4th November 2015, 11:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you want to become IAS Officer and for that you have to crack the civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility to appear in the exam:

Graduate and final year students can appear in the exam.
Minimum percentage required is 50% and 45% for reserved categories.
Age 21-30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST candidates and 3 years to OBC candidates.
4th November 2015, 11:59 PM
Mohit.Bansal

For IAS you need only graduation in any stream from recognised college or university. So you can definitely apply for IAS post. You can also apply for the IAS while appearing in final year of your graduation.

IAS is short for Indian Administration Service. For IAS you have to write civil services exam, which is conducted by UPSC.

The age limit for civil services exam is 21 years to 32 years.

You require to apply for the exam online using following link-

http://upsconline.nic.in/
5th November 2015, 01:00 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. Civil Services examination is conducted for the IAS. The minimum academic qualification is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you can apply for the Civil Services exam after completing bachelor's degree in commerce from any recognized university. The minimum age limit is 21 years and the upper age limit is 32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to reserved categories.
5th November 2015, 01:20 AM
sameer udek

Hi ,

I want to know that is it possible for me to apply directly for T.Y.Bcom after completing H.S.C . 2 years before and haven't attended F.Y.Bcom and S.Y.Bcom, if yes then please tell me the procedure. I wish to apply for T.Y.Bcom from "Kalina University".

Waiting for your response...........

Regards,
Sameer Udek
5th November 2015, 01:52 PM
Aarushi1001

Yes commerce student can apply for IAS.
After +2 you can not apply for civil service exam.
For civil service exam the minimum eligibility criteria is graduation.
So, first you have to complete your graduation from any discipline.
Then you are eligible for I.A.S
You have to apply fro UPSC exams
ELIGIBILITY
--Candidates who have completed their graduation from any stream are eligible to appear for the entrance test.
--Those who have completed any professional course/technical course can also apply.
--Only passing mark is required.
--Those who are appearing or the final year of the qualifying examination can also attend the test.
--Only citizens of India can appear for I.A.S.
--Those who have migrated from other countries with an intention to become a permanent citizen of India can also apply.
--The age limit is between 21 years to 30 years.
--But for SC/ST , O.B.C category reservation is there.
--For O.B.C Age limit - 21-33 years, SC/ST- 21-35 years.
--Number of permissible attempts for general category is four, O.B.C. is seven, Unlimited for SC/ST candidates
5th November 2015, 02:25 PM
H Rimmy

Yes you can apply for IAS officer but after completing Graduation .The minimum qualification must be graduate in any stream for applying IAS .

After completing 12th you can get admission in B.Com/BBA for further studies.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:-You must be graduate in any stream with minimum 50% marks from any recognized university.

Age must be 21 to 30 years.
5 years relaxation for SC category candidates.
3 years relaxation for OBC category candidates.

Exam Pattern:-Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?