8th November 2015, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do direct Law degree after 10th on age bais?

Sir,

Today my age is 50 years. I have passed 10th standard in the year of 1981-82. I would like to appear for law degree without appearing for any graduation. Is it possible?

8th November 2015, 09:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do direct Law degree after 10th on age bais?

Sorry to let you know that without completing or having higher secondary education you will not be able to pursue law course as for the law courses the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree.

Yes once you complete your higher secondary education then it will depend upon your choice whether you want to pursue the law ( LLB ) course after completing your graduation or without it.

If you go for LLB course without having graduation degree then the duration of your course will be of five years where as if you go for the LLB course after completing your graduation then the duration of same course will be of three years.

One thing which I would make you clear that you are not eligible for pursuing the same course from National Law University of India as the maximum age limit for admission in these is 20 years and you are currently 50 years old. But you can get admission in good Universities quite easily as there is no certain age limit for pursuing the same course.

Hence you can go for any of the two mentioned options for achieving your dream.
9th November 2015, 10:36 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Today my age is 50 years. I have passed 10th standard in the year of 1981-82. I would like to appear for law degree without appearing for any graduation. Is it possible?

It is not possible to study law degree after 10th standard.

Only possibility to do the law degree is to do the course in correspondence.

For that you have to be a graduate.

So you have to complete graduation.

For that you have to study +2 or you can appear for preparatory programme conducted by the open universities for graduation.

After this you have to complete a degree and then study the law degree through correspondence.

The correspondence law degree is only academic in nature and you cannot practice as a lawyer in Courts.
9th November 2015, 02:26 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to pursue Law degree after 10th on age basis.
Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised university in order to get admission in Law degree course. candidate have to appear in entrance exams after 12th to get into Law degree courses. Top Law Entrance Exam is CLAT.
9th November 2015, 07:16 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot pursue law degree course after completion of class 10.

The candidate must have passed minimum of 10+2 from a recognized college and should obtain a seat in any of the under graduate law courses.

Even if you are eligible on the basis of age requirements, you cannot pursue direct law degree after completion of class 10.
9th November 2015, 09:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't because there is no such course for law stream. You need at least 12th pass qualification to become eligible for degree course in law through entrance exam. Also, age will be a factor and you need to fulfill the age criteria before applying.

There is post graduate course also for graduates for which there isn't any upper age limit in most of the cases like in CLAT.
9th November 2015, 11:25 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

No, it is not possible for you to apply for LLB after completing 10th standard. The only eligibility criterion is that the candidate must have passed Graduation or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Final years candidates are also eligible. Since, you already reached 50 years, so there is no possibility to do LLB. I suggest you to concentrate and gain experience in current work in order to secure your job.
2nd February 2016, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

My mom has completed 8th standard and now she is at the age of 48 . Whether she can study further?
16th February 2020, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th and after did 2 year's iti later completed graduation through distance education can I appear for law.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?