17th November 2015, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Scope and job prospect after BA in Economics?

My Name is Narendra .I reside in Mumbai. I have done my Graduation in ECONOMICS. I have searched job in related field but could not get anywhere. So please SIR/MAM, tell me what are the scope of BA economics and what are the Job prospectus.

Related Questions:
17th November 2015, 09:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and job prospect after BA in Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My Name is Narendra .I reside in Mumbai. I have done my Graduation in ECONOMICS. I have searched job in related field but could not get anywhere. So please SIR/MAM, tell me what are the scope of BA economics and what are the Job prospectus.
After completing graduation you can always look for jobs in both the goverment sectors and public sectors. As far as government sectors are concerned you can get a job in the following sectors like Indian Economic Services, Indian Civil Services, Reserve Bank of India, National Sample Survey, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Planning Board, PSUs and other public sector banks. Private banks, MNCs, BPOs, KPOs, Business journals and newspaper offices are some of the private sectors where jobs are galore for economics graduate.

To improve your career prospects and to get placed in a better position, the option of continuing with your studies is also there. Many students after B.A. in economics goes for MBA or LLB. There is also the more conventional path open too which is post graduation in the same subject. Following are some of the subjects on which you can get it :-
  • MA (Analytical & Applied Economics)
  • MA (Applied Economics)
  • MA (Business Economics)
  • MA (Corporation and Applied Economics)
  • MA (Indian Economics)
  • MA (Quantitative Economics)
18th November 2015, 12:31 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Scope and job prospect after BA in Economics?

Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) in Arts stream from recognized board

Job Prospects
After completion of B.A.(Economics) , You can start your career as a Financial Analyst , Market Analyst , Security Analyst , Corporate Analyst , Accountant , Investments Analyst , Business Analyst , Marketing Manager , Investment Banker , Operations Manager , Personal Finance Consultant , Money Manager etc.

Employment Area
- Finance, Commerce and the Banking Sectors
- Research Associates with Economic Consulting Firms
- Economic Consulting Jobs
- Customs Department
- Import/Export Companies
- Civil Services
- Agricultural Economics & Econometrics

Best College offering B.A.(Economics)
- St.Albert College , Kochi
- Guru Gobind Singh Institute of Commerce
- Ethiraj College , Mumbai
- Ramajas College , Delhi
- H.R.Institute of Commerce & Economics , Chennai
- Lovely Professional University , Jalandhar
- Lady Shri Ram Women College , Delhi
- Loyala College , Chennai

M.A(Economics) Specialization
You can also continue your higher study in M.A in following specialization
- M.A. In Economics
- M.A. In Business Administration
- M.A. In Advertisement & Journalism
- M.A. In Applied Economics
- M.A. In Mass Communication
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?