23rd November 2015, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

What are the rules of MHRD for M.Tech students stipend?

Currently, I am pursuing first year M.Tech on the basis of GATE 2014. I again reappeared for GATE 2015 and I got admission offer for MTech from IIT Bombay. What are the MHRD rules for stipend?

24th November 2015, 07:24 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the rules of MHRD for M.Tech students stipend?

First of all I congratulated you for getting admission in M.Tech program in one of the top institute of India i.e IIT Bombay.

The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) provided students to students those admitted in M.Tech Program. You will get a stipend of 12400 amount every month. But there are some rules for the stipend or scholarship:

--Student must get admission in AICTE approved college.

--Student must get admission in M.Tech program through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam.

--Also the student must maintain a particular attendance in the college for the regularity of the stipend.
4th May 2016, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i got a rank of 20,000 in electrical engineering paper in gate-2016.i am an obc non creamy layer candidate.i wanted to pursue my m.tech in andhrapradesh colleges.
please inform me,if i could get admission into any college and whether i can get gate scholarship or not?
6th March 2017, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, am GATE student ( 2015 - 2017 batch , 4th semester , M.tech ) currently doing internship/project in a company in Bangalore . My college has stopped giving me GATE stipend from 3rd semester since I am doing internship outside campus ( in a company ) . They say students can't get both GATE stipend and company stipend together . But most of the colleges in and out out of Bangalore ( eg - RVCE , SJCE , PESIT , MIT and many more) are giving GATE stipend even if they are doing internship/project in company. But while getting admitted to M.tech we were informed that we will be getting GATE stipend for 24 months or up to completion of course ( which ever is earliest ) . Please clarify the same .
28th March 2017, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Currently I am pursuing. 1st year m.tech in chemical engineering at tripura central university. I passed gate 2017 exam. Am I able to get the scholarship. I was admitted to this course as a non gate candidate.
13th February 2018, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Is the student doing business in the college in which he is enrolled in the institute in M.Tech program is eligible for GATE fellowship?
15th March 2018, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing MTech from NIT Agartala with gate 2017 score and i also get the scholarship, but if I will join in another NIT or IIT with gate 2018 score and am I able to get scholarship from MHRD or not??
25th April 2018, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my m tech from private clg in 2017 and recieve stipend for 2 years now i want to do m tech from iit. can i able to get stipend again from mhrd???
24th July 2018, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I am persuing ME on gate score. But not getting MHRD scholarship. When enquired they are saying it takes time. Delay in scholarship does not serve purpose. I didn't understand why this is so neglected.
21st September 2018, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I have qualified gate exam and will be pursuing admission for mtech course in PESU (formerly pesit) university through pgcet exam (applied through gate score ) . Whether I will get gate stipend amount every month ?
23rd April 2019, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

sir i have admitted nit bhopal 2017 after 3rd sem my sgpa 5.3 there rule is minimum5.5 so my stipend loose from dec to april.any criteria after completion my degree if final 4th sem 7 then can i get dec to april stipend
11th September 2019, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Iam non gate student, who is pursuing MTECH through PG cet .whether I'm eligible for MHRD scholarship
20th November 2019, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir if i get less then 6 cpi in 1st semester in iit then mhrd stop stipend or not
28th October 2021, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

If a student fails to submit mtech dissertation in the max alloted time and degree gets cancel then the student has to return the all the stipend amount he received or not? Please reply sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?