29th November 2015, 11:35 AM
Sonali Sharad Shete

Way for girls to join Indian Defence Service after 12th?

Hello sir,
My self Sonali Shete from pune.I just read about NDA that girls are not eligible for NDA after 12th.Then my question is what a way that girls can joint Indian Defence Service after 12th? And if there is no way after 12th then when can girls joint defence service and feom which way?

29th November 2015, 04:12 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Way for girls to join Indian Defence Service after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonali Sharad Shete View Post
Hello sir,
My self Sonali Shete from pune.I just read about NDA that girls are not eligible for NDA after 12th.Then my question is what a way that girls can joint Indian Defence Service after 12th? And if there is no way after 12th then when can girls joint defence service and feom which way?
Apart from NDA exam there is no entrance exam which offers candidates to join in defence services after +2. It is better that you continue your further studies which is graduation in a stream which you wish and then apply for entrance exams such as UES, CDS, SSC to join in defence services.

There are eligibility criteria's for these exams and you need to satisfy them all in order to be eligible.

For University Entry Scheme (UES) :

Candidate need to have a age limit of 18-28 years and regarding the educational qualification, candidatae need to have completed Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) or Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) stream.

For Combined Defence Service (CDS):

Candidate need to have 19-24 years for joining in army, 19-22 years for navy, 19-23 years for IAF and for OTA it is 19-25 years. Educational qualification needed is completed degree from a recognized university.

For Short Service Commission Technical Women :

Age limit needed is 20-27 years and candidate should have completed a Engineering course from a recognized university.

For Short Service Commission Non Technical Women :

Age limit needed is 19-29 years and candidate should have completed graduation course from a recognized University.

If you satisfy the criteria for the respected exam, then you can apply for it.
29th November 2015, 04:25 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello sir,
Girls/Female candidates are not eligible for NDA Exam.

Just because, only unmarried male candidates are allowed to apply for NDA Exam.

If you wish to join Defence Service, then you can you apply for CDS Exam after completing your graduation.

You can get entry to CDS Exam through Officer Training Academy Examination :-
  • You should have attained the age of 19 years and must have not attained the age of 25 years.
  • You must have Bachelor's degree from any recognized Institution.
  • Only Unmarried male Or female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

You must have secured at least 60% marks in graduation to apply for CDS Exam.

For reserved category candidates, 5% relaxation is provided in percentage.
29th November 2015, 04:58 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have rightly heard that girls are not eligible for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.

# I would like to inform that woman candidate cannot seek any job in Indian defence forces on the basis of educational qualification of 10+2 level.

# A woman candidate can join Indian army only after graduation in any discipline.

# A woman candidate can join only Officer Training Academy (OTA) through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# The required age limit for Officer Training Academy (OTA) is 19-25 years.

# The examination process of CDS Examination includes:

* Written Test (Objective Type)
* Interview (conducted by SSB)
* Physical and Medical Test (conducted by nearest Military Hospital)

# However, those candidate who are possessing NCC 'C' Certificate are fully exempted from appearing in Objective Type Written Test. Such candidates have to directly attend the Interview process conducted by SSB.

# It is also required that woman candidate must have minimum height of 152 cm.

# Candidates can refer the official website of UPSC (http://upsc.gov.in) for more information and latest updates.
29th November 2015, 06:08 PM
13precious

Girls can apply for CDS (Combined Defense Academy) exam.You can apply for this exam after completing of graduation .

CDS exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year .Notification for this exam is usually released in the month of June/October.

There is an internal choice between in four wings in CDS

Airforce
Naval Academy
Officers Training
Indian Military

Eligibility Criteria:- You must have completed graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:- Age must be in between 19 to 24 years.

You must be physically fit .

You must be an unmarried.
29th November 2015, 06:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry there is no possible way for a girl candidate to join Indian Defense Services after completing her higher secondary education but once one completes her graduation degree course they will have the chance for joining Indian Defense Services.

Once you will complete your graduation degree course you will have to clear CDS entrance examination for joining Combined Defense Services an academy meant for providing necessary training and education to those who manage to clear the same entrance examination.

The same examination is organised twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

Also for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army, you need to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For further queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th November 2015, 09:05 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you that you are eligible for NDA exam and there is no way for girls to join Defence after completing 12th.

The eligibility for NDA is
1. All the candidates must have completed 12th from a recognised board.
2. Candidates have taken maths, physics and chemistry course only.
3. The minimum age limit for NDA is 16 1/2 years.
4. The maximum age limit for NDA is 19 years.
5. Only male candidates are eligible and no female is eligible.

Don't worry still you can apply for Defence after completing graduation. You must apply for the CDSE exam.

1. You must have completed degree from a recognised university.
2. The age limit for CDSE is 19 - 25 years.
3. All the male and female candidates can apply.
4. There is no reservation provided in any case.
29th November 2015, 09:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At the 10+2 level, NDA/NA exam is the best exam to enter into any wing of defence but unfortunately as per norms of UPSC female candidates are not eligible for this exam. There is no other exam of NDA type at 10+2 level for female candidates to enter into defence.

At bachelor's degree, UPSC conducts Combined Defence Services exam for which both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible. So, if you are passionate to join Defence, you can apply for the CDS exam once you complete your bachelor's degree. After completing your bachelor's degree, you can also apply for Air Force Common Admission Test.
29th November 2015, 10:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes there is no way for girls to enter into Indian Defense services with 12th qualification. So only the candidates who have completed graduation are eligible for Indian Defense services.

There is a Exam called " CDS (Combined Defense Services) " which is been possible for you to apply. But you need to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for cds.

>> You should have completed graduation with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university.

>> Age may vary depends on type of service like for Indian Army (19 to25 years)

>> CDS is conducted by UPSC once in every year.
29th November 2015, 11:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello sir,
After completion of 12th standard, you are not eligible for NDA exam but you can apply for defence sector in GD post.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible for CISF, CRPF, ITBP, BSF in GD post.

Your age should be in between 18 to 26 years.
30th November 2015, 01:27 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to appear for the NDA examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

But if you desire to join the defense services you can join the service after the graduation degree. To join the service you have to qualify in the CDS examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The minimum eligibility for CDS examination is graduation passed unmarried candidates and age between the 19-24 years. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
30th November 2015, 11:32 AM
Suraj Singh 7494

Girls can apply for the CDS exam, BSF , SCRA exam .
1) For CDS exam candidate should have a qualification of graduation or bachelors in any stream. Candidate must be a citizen of India. And the Age limit varies from 19 to 24 years (no age relaxation). Girls also go for officers training post.

2) For BSF candidate should have qualification of graduation from any recognized university. Candidate age is from 18 year to 25 years.

3) The Candidate apply for SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices) must have cleared higher secondary examination with physics and mathematics. Appeared candidate in the these manners can also apply for the exam. Graduate candidates with mathematics as a subject also eligible for the exam. The age limit for exam is 17 to 21 years.
18th July 2017, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, Myself Pooja Awate i am a chemical engineer and i also interested in defense services then my question is what is the way to join the Indian defense service?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?