14th December 2015, 11:41 AM
rama hazra

Graduate from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering is eligible for UPSC or WBCS?

Hi, I am doing graduation from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering. Am I eligible for UPSC or WBCS? Please, do tell me the details soon.

15th December 2015, 02:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduate from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering is eligible for UPSC or WBCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama hazra View Post
Hi, I am doing graduation from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering. Am I eligible for UPSC or WBCS? Please, do tell me the details soon.
Yes you are eligible to sit for both UPSC and WBCS examination because the Graduateship of this college is recognized by the Government of India and the Master's Degree course is also recognized through the entrance Examination known as GATE.

UPSC is a central government body which organizes various exams like civil services, engineering services, defense services and so on. On the basis of the exam you choose the eligibility criteria is going to vary accordingly. The notifications of each exam is published on time in the official website of UPSC.

WBSC stands for West Bengal Civil Service exam and this is conducted in the state of West Bengal. The exam is conducted to recruit candidates in different groups like Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D.

Official Website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Official Website of WBSC: http://www.wbsc.gov.in/
15th December 2015, 05:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduate from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering is eligible for UPSC or WBCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama hazra View Post
Yeah you can apply for UPSC or WBCS as you will be eligible to apply when you complete your graduation from Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering. UPSC is a national level public service exam and WBCS is conducted for West Bengal.

There are many exams which are conducted by UPSC and you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to apply and they are:

# NDA
# CDS
# Civil Services (IAS,IPS,IFS)
# IES
# Geologist
# Combined Medical Service

To know information regarding the UPSC exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regarding the WBCS exam, you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 21-32 years for general category. There are relaxation for other category such as 5 years extra for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC.

# Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed a degree from a recognized university and that can be from any stream.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the WBCS Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?