18th December 2015, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get job in Australia after studying Diploma in Nursing from India?

I have complete my Diploma course in nursing from India. Now i am shifting to Australia. So i want to know if it is possible to get job in Australia on this Diploma basis?

13th April 2023, 04:53 AM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Is it possible to get job in Australia after studying Diploma in Nursing from India?

Having a nursing diploma is good qualification to find nursing jobs in Australia. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:

• Registration: To practice nursing in Australia, you need to get registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). You may need to undergo additional assessments to determine your qualifications equivalence to Australian standards. Extra bridging courses may be required in some cases.
  • Work visa: You will need a suitable work visa to work as a nurse in Australia. The main options are:
482 Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS): If nursing is on the SOL (Skilled Occupation List), you may get this 2-year visa to work as a nurse. You need a job offer from an employer.
485 Graduate Visa: If you have completed your diploma in nursing in the past 2 years, you may be eligible for this 2-year visa to gain work experience in nursing.
Permanent Residence: If you work as a nurse for a few years in Australia on a temporary visa, you can apply for permanent residency under the Skilled Migration Program.

• Job opportunities: There are many nursing jobs you can apply for like Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse, Nurse Educator, Nurse Manager, etc. Nursing jobs are in high demand in Australia across many specialties. Hospitals, aged care facilities, doctor's clinics, community health centers are some key employers.
  • Salary: The average pay for nurses in Australia ranges from AUD $70,000 to $90,000 per annum based on the role and experience. Registered Nurses earn AUD $82,000 on an average. Salaries are usually higher in private hospitals compared to public ones.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?