31st December 2015, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for MA English after graduation with 50%?

Hello respected sir/madam

I incline to join MA English programme in university. I have completed my graduation with 50% marks with subjects (history, sociology, physical education along with compulsory subjects General English and Punjabi). Do I qualify for MA English. If not what should I do, thanks in advance.

5th January 2016, 04:11 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for MA English after graduation with 50%?

Yes candidate is eligible to apply for MA English after graduation with 50% marks.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in graduation.
  • Candidate must have studied English as main subject in his/her graduation.
  • There is no age limit.
  • Course duration for MA English is 2 years.
5th January 2016, 05:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the top universities like Delhi University give admission based on the marks in the graduation. Hence, it will depend on the cut off marks to make sure that you will get admission or not.

Some low ranked universities give admission got lesser marks also because seats remain vacant. If you are looking for top universities then you will face stiff competition.
5th January 2016, 10:45 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Here i provided the eligibility details to pursue MA English after graduation.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should complete graduation from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidate should secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

* Candidate should study his/ her graduation with English as one of their subjects.

Some of the colleges/ universities will conduct an entrance exam for the admission of candidates for this course. Selection of candidates will be based on the marks in graduation and entrance exam.

Some of the colleges which offer this course are given below :

* Bhavnagar University.

* Calicut University.

* Indira Gandhi National College.

* IGNOU - Indira Gandhi National Open University.

* Punjab University.
6th January 2016, 12:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I incline to join MA English programme in university. I have completed my graduation with 50% marks with subjects (history, sociology, physical education along with compulsory subjects General English and Punjabi). Do I qualify for MA English. If not what should I do, thanks in advance.
You have completed B.A in Pass course so you are not eligible for M.A in English.

Those candidates who have completed B.A in English from a recognized university with above 45% marks are eligible for entrance exam.

Your Age should be above 18 years.
7th January 2016, 12:53 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

To study the M.A in English, eligibility is a pass in graduation with English as one of the subjects. In some universities they conduct entrance test for the admission. The duration of the course is 2 years. The course is available in many colleges like,

- Loyola College - http://www.loyolacollege.edu/english/dept-syllabus.php

- Vels University - http://www.velsuniv.ac.in/ma-english-literature.asp

- Madras Christian College - https://www.mcc.edu.in/index.php?opt...d=85&Itemid=76

- University of Mumbai - http://mu.ac.in/portal/faculties/art...nt-of-english/

- Presidency College - http://www.presidencychennai.com/course_offered.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?