31st December 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Ph.D to become English professor being a postgraduate?

Dear Sir,
I am Rajbir completed PG in English and now I am willing to do PhD from a reputed university. I have secured 1st division in all classes. What should I do to fulfill my wish and aim to be a Professor of English through PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  2. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  4. Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?
  5. How can I study PhD in English in Abroad being M.Phil postgraduate?
  6. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  8. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  9. Eligibility to do PhD in Pune University for English postgraduate with 55% of IGNOU?
  10. Universities in Abroad offering PhD in English for M.A. postgraduate?
  11. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  13. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD(English) course to M.A. postgraduate in India? Previous years question papers for Panjab University and JNU PhD entrance exams?
  15. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?
  17. Should I have to study PhD to become a Professor?
  18. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
6th January 2016, 08:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Ph.D to become English professor being a postgraduate?

First of all you must try to qualify UGC NET/SET/JRF after completion of your post graduation. Once you have these scores then you will have chance of getting a lecturer job.

After getting the lecturer job it will become more easier for you to pursue your PH.D along with the job. If you want to go for PH.D only then try to clear written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?