29th January 2016, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in SSC CGL 2016 if my degree will complete in June?

Well actually i am final year of B.tech student. So, tell me that am i eligible for ssc cgl 2016? Well actually i will finish my semester in may/june.

29th January 2016, 05:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in SSC CGL 2016 if my degree will complete in June?

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also appear for exam provided that they get degree by 1st August of year of exam.

You can apply for SSC CGL exam.

2. Age limit is 18-27 years for majority of posts.

For Sub Inspector in CBI it is 20-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Notification for 2016 exam will come on 13th February, 2016.
29th January 2016, 06:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria the final year student of bachelor of Technology can alsoappear in SSC CGL examination 2016.
If a candidate get selected in SSC CGL examination for interview then he or she has to produce the final year certificate of degree course.
29th January 2016, 07:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination.

Eligibility criteria:

*Graduation from a recognized university. Those pursuing final year of bachelor's degree can apply for this course.

You can apply for SSC CGL 2016 exam.

*Age limit is 18-27 years.

Examination stages:

*Tier I.

*Tier II.

*Personal interview.
29th January 2016, 07:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, final year students are eligible to appear for CGL examination. CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year.

Candidates in final year of graduation and age between 18-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category are eligible to appear for examination.

But, candidates have to present their final year marksheet before final recruitment in jobs at the time of interview. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The application form for 2016 examination will be available from February 13.

For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
29th January 2016, 08:30 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission and CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level.
SSC conducts CGL examination once in a year to recruit candidates at very post in Central government of India.

Eligibility to appear in SSC CGL are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India
-Candidate must be age 18-27 years on 1st August of the year of examination.
-Candidate must have Bachelor degree in any disciple from any recognized University.

The candidates appearing in final year examination and going to receive their degree in upcoming month are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL as only the candidates having Bachelor degree are eligible.
So, you can not apply for it in upcoming CGL examination whose registration starts on 13th Feb 2016 and Tier I examination will be in May and Tier II in August.
29th January 2016, 10:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i am final year of B.tech student. So, tell me that am i eligible for ssc cgl 2016? Well actually i will finish my semester in may/june.
No, B.Tech in final year student are not eligible for SSC CGL 2016 exam.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam:-

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years
29th January 2016, 11:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you can definitely appear for the upcoming Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are eligible for SSC CGL examination. But you must get your degree before the specified date as mentioned in 2016 notification of SSC CGL examination.

The notification of SSC CGL examination will be released on 13th February, 2016. After that you can apply for exam at official website of SSC that is http://http://ssconline2.gov.in/.

The minimum age limit for exam is 18 years.
29th January 2016, 11:48 PM
kantraman

For your kind of information it is compulsory to have complete degree at the time of SSS CGL.Actually one can apply only when he has complete degree as it is the basic requirement of SSS.
30th January 2016, 12:13 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Final year candidates of bachelor's degree in any stream is eligible to appear for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate level examination. You can apply for SSC CGL exam while pursuing your final semester of bachelor of technology.

You must have attained the minimum age of 18 years required for this exam. The examination has three stages namely Tier I, II and last stage is interview. Upper age limit is relaxed for reserved category candidates.

As per latest news, notification is supposed to be issued by SSC on 13th February, 2016.
23rd November 2017, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I appeared in CGL 2016. When I filled up application form in March 2016 I am pursuing B.Tech course, but I got degree in August 2016. Can I appear in CGL 2017 with same registration?
17th June 2019, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i am final year student of architecture 2019-20 my final year result will come in 2020 December before the documents verification of ssc cgl 2019. Can i give exam of ssc cgl 2019. ssc cgl application date start from 31 October 2019.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?