24th February 2016, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Can a girl join Indian army after graduation in PCM stream?

I want to join indian army after my graduation. am doing graduation in science with pcm being a girl? What is the basic eligibility criteria followed for joining the Indian Army? Can someone please provide me the information as soon as possible?

24th February 2016, 04:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl join Indian army after graduation in PCM stream?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination conducted by for UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2016, 05:36 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you will be eligible to join Indian Army after pursuing graduation degree from any recognised university.

The eligibility to join Indian Army is to appear and qualify in CDS entrance examination. CDS stands for Combined Defence Service examination and eligibility to appear for recruitment in Indian Army is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 19-24 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination, the examination is conducted in two stages and have to qualify in both stages for final selection for job. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2016, 07:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join indian army after my graduation. am doing graduation in science with pcm being a girl? What is the basic eligibility criteria followed for joining the Indian Army? Can someone please provide me the information as soon as possible?
After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
Officers Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education
24th February 2016, 08:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible for exams like CDS and other short service commission entries in Indian Army. Being a graduate girl will not be an issue because there are jobs available for both genders.

Just make sure that your age is between 19 to 25 years. Selection will be based in the performance in written exam and SSB interview conducted by UPSC.
24th February 2016, 09:40 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you will be eligible for the Indian army job after completion of your graduation form any recognized university/institute. For joining Indian army your age should not be more than 25 years at the time of joining. You can join the Indian army either through SSC or through CDS.
You have to go though the written exam, personal interview and finally medical test for joining Indian army.
Indian nationality is must for joining the Indian army.
24th February 2016, 11:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Combined Defence Service examination twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Indian Army, Air Force, Navy or OTA.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university. The discipline and age vary for recruitment in different wings.

So, after completing your graduation degree, you can appear for recruitment in Indian Army and age limit for it 19-24 years with graduation in any discipline.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2016, 09:36 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you have chance to join in India Army through CDS Exam.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible to final recruitment in examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from recognised university.

The age limit and discipline of graduation vary for different wing. Candidate passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for Indian Army and age limit to appear for examination is 19-23 years.

The examination is conducted in month of February and August. Candidates after qualifying in written examination are eligible to appear for SSB.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. Yes, girls are also eligible to appear for examination. To get more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2020, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate by pcm with 59.63%
I want to join defence services.so I want to know all the way to join defence services.
6th May 2020, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

i completed my 10 2 with commerce stream and if i studied maths and physics thrugh nios so, can i apply for iaf in flying branch ?? please guide me.
29th July 2020, 03:35 PM
Siddharth717

Yes, you will be eligible to join Indian Army after pursuing graduation degree from any recognised university. The eligibility to join Indian Army is to appear and qualify in CDS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?