23rd March 2016, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to study BA English Honours being a Commerce stream student?

I am a student of cbse board and scored 70% from commerce stream. Now i wish to go for BA english honours from Kolkata Xavier's. So tell me about the eligibility criteria for me to study BA english honours?

23rd March 2016, 07:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study BA English Honours being a Commerce stream student?

You just need to have English as one of the subjects at class 12th level for admission in B.A English honours degree course. Commerce stream students are surely eligible for admission but need to clear cut off or entrance exam.

Most of the top universities give admission based on the marks in class 12th. Hence, if you have good marks in English then surely you can apply for admission.
23rd March 2016, 11:39 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study BA English Honours being a Commerce stream student?

Required eligibility criteria are given under:-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Candidate must have minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

Candidate should be given reservation which require this.

There is no upper age limit to pursue graduation.
23rd March 2016, 11:53 PM
ranu shahi

Required eligibility criteria are given under:-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

Candidate must have minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

Candidate should be given reservation which require this.

There is no upper age limit to pursue graduation.
24th March 2016, 12:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in BA English honours, you need to have scored really well in your board examination. The competition level for admission in St.Xaviers College for BA English Honours is quite tough. Therefore, you need to have scored at least 85% in your English and above 70% in aggregate.

However, the minimum eligibility requirement for admission in that you should have scored at least 60% in aggregate and 60% in English, but chances are very ew if you have scored this much marks.
30th June 2021, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Can commerce student do ba hona in english
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?