12th April 2016, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

Will I be considered fail if secure 43 marks in CBSE Physics?

Hello Sir,
I have appeared CBSE Physics Theory paper and I am in doubt to get above 23 marks. But I have full confident that I shall pass in Practical paper. If I secure 43 marks out of 100 marks in Physics overall, so I will be considered as fail or not? Do I need to appear again which I don't want?

Related Questions:
13th April 2016, 11:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be considered fail if secure 43 marks in CBSE Physics?

To qualify in CBSE Physics paper, you must have to score at least aggregate of 33% marks in Physics Theory and Practical paper combined and seperately. That means, you must have to score at least 23.1 marks in Physics Theory paper and 9.9 marks in Physics Practical paper to qualify in Physics paper. You must have to score 33 marks out of 100 marks to qualify CBSE Physics paper. Even, if you have secured 43 marks, without securing aggregate of 33% marks in Physics Theory or Practical paper, you will be considered as fail.
13th April 2016, 11:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be considered as qualified in CBSE Physics paper, you must have to score 23 marks in Physics Theory paper and 10 marks in Physics Practical Paper.

Totally, you must have to score 33 marks out of 100 marks to qualify in CBSE Physics paper.

Without scoring 23 marks in Physics Theory and 10 marks in Physics Practical paper, you will not be considered as qualified in CBSE Physics paper.
14th April 2016, 11:38 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

No, it is necessary to qualify in both the practical and theory paper to qualify in the paper.

So, if you score less than 23 marks in theory paper out of 70 marks then, you will not be eligible to qualify in examination. So, you will be considered as fail, so have to appear again or you can also appear in compartment examination.
14th April 2016, 08:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You will be very much considered as a pass candidate in the above mentioned paper if you can score at least 35 marks also as it is the minimum marks required for any candidate to clear the paper.

As in your case, if you can score 43 marks in your Physics paper, you will be considered as a pass candidate in that paper.
15th April 2016, 01:41 AM
Quantum reply

In order to be declared as having passed a student must have grade higher than E that is minimum 33% marks in all the five subjects in final exam.
There are two papers of physics theory and practical and you need to pass both the subjects.
You must score minimum 23 marks in theory paper than only you will be declear as pass.
If you are fail than CBSE will give you chance to reappear in the examination of physics.
27th September 2020, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in physics and pass in all 5 subject and also in Markshit ,
Mai I fill form for Airforce Y Group or ssc. Over all percentage 60.2
Please reply me
6th March 2023, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

If I get 33 out of 100 in physics will I pass or fail?
11th March 2023, 01:34 PM
Ar_pit

No your physical education's marks will not be adjusted against the marks of Physics subject, this is because Physical education is an additional subject but Physics is a main subject of class 12th, so if you are fail in Physics then you will be considered as fail in overall class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?