17th April 2016, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

A female 12th passed 17 years old can apply for NDA? What are other alternatives?

Sir, I wish to apply for NDA, I'm 17+, 12th pass, I' m a female person. So in such situation cAn I apply for NDA?? Please help me, if not this exam then which other alternate exam.

17th April 2016, 01:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: A female 12th passed 17 years old can apply for NDA? What are other alternatives?

No, female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. Only Unmarried Male candidates who have :-
1. Completed 12th standard from a recognised board.
2. Attained the age of 16 1/2 years and not exceeded the age of 19 1/2 years.
are eligible to apply for NDA examination.
17th April 2016, 10:37 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: A female 12th passed 17 years old can apply for NDA? What are other alternatives?

# It is informed to you that girls are not allowed to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination. Only boys are eligible to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination.

# Girls are can join Indian Army only after completion of graduation in any discipline by cracking Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# Girls can Indian Army by joining Officer Training Academy (OTA) through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# Eligibility criteria for joining Officer Training Academy (OTA) through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:

* Must be citizen of India or subject of Nepal.
* Must not be married.
* Must be male candidate except for Officer Training Academy (OTA).
* Must not have anti-social or anti-national activity or record.
* Must have good physique and health.
* Must not have any serious or critical disease.
* Must have vision of 6/6 (for good eye) and 6/9 (for bad eye).
* Must not have any bodily defect or abnormality.

# Pattern of Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination:
* Written Test (Objective Type)
* SSB Interview
* Physical & Medical Test
* Document and Antecedent Verification

# Questions asked in the written test are generally asked from following sections:

* General Studies
* Computer Knowledge
* Quantitative Aptitude
* General English
* Current Affairs
* Reasoning Ability

# In order to perform well in the Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination one should refer following books:

* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Arihant's General Studies
* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Lucent's General Studies
17th April 2016, 11:46 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: A female 12th passed 17 years old can apply for NDA? What are other alternatives?

Female are not allowed to appear for the NDA examination as the NDA examination is allowed only for the candidates who are male and females are not eligible for the NDA examination.

If you wish to enter in to the Defense services as a female you can apply through the CDS examination and only for the Officers Training Academy posts only,as female are not eligible for technical department such as Navy,Air force,Army,Military.

This CDS examination can be appeared after the completion of the Graduate degree course of study and there are certain eligibility conditions are also available in order to appear for this CDS examination.

Required Eligibility for CDS:
  • Should have born not earlier then 1991 July and not later then July 1997.
  • Should have done degree or technological course of study from any of the respective discipline of study.
  • Should have done 12th with Maths and Physics back ground and Graduation in engineering for Navy and Air force recruitment

These are the respective eligibility for CDS examination.
18th April 2016, 12:48 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

But, female candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in defence services.. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th April 2016, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I wish to apply for NDA, I'm 17+, 12th pass, I' m a female person. So in such situation cAn I apply for NDA?? Please help me, if not this exam then which other alternate exam.
You are a female candidate, so you are not eligible for NDA exam so you can do a graduation degree because after graduation degree, you can apply for CDS exam which is conducted Indian Army, Air Force and Navy recruitment.

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

1.Passed 12th standard

2.Age- 16.5 to 19

3.Unmarried male
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?