24th May 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?

Hi,
I know that to get an Education Loan, Guarantor is mandatory. But my father is not eligible for becoming a Guarantor due to age limit and my Brother-In-Law will be helping me out in this. The problem is, the bank from which I would be getting an Education Loan does not have branch in our permanent residence, though my Brother-In-Law works in a Government Sector in Kolkata since 3 years. But he is not a resident of Kolkata. Can he become the Guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  2. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  3. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  4. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  6. Can my Brother-in-Law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  7. Is my friend eligible to become a guarantor for my brother's Education Loan?
  8. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  9. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  10. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  11. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  12. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  13. Eligibility to get Education Loan against property without a guarantor?
  14. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Who is Third Party Guarantor in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  16. Whether a retired person is eligible to become a Guarantor for Education Loan of upto Rs. 7.75 Lacs? Is it necessary to submit any document for a Guarantor?
  17. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 4.5 Lacs to study B.Tech without security and guarantor?
  18. Education Loan to study in a Business School without a guarantor?
26th May 2016, 08:11 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?

Yes, your brother can definitely become the guarantor of your education loan. There is no problem if he is not a resident of Kolkata. If he has Indian citizenship and has a stable source of income and furnishes all documents as per bank's requirement, then he can definitely become the guarantor of your education loan.
26th May 2016, 02:41 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?

Yes, he can become your guarantor as he is working as a government employee and is in Kolkata for he past 3 years also. He ca very much be your guarantor, so you need not worry about it.

He will only have to provide all the documents required by the bank and after that just follow the procedure.
26th May 2016, 09:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your brother-in-law is willing to become a guarantor for education loan then surely it will work. As you have said that he is working in a government sector which is a plus point in becoming a guarantor.

There is no issue with residence because the bank conduct all the background check before sanctioning of any education loan.
15th September 2018, 05:18 AM
Unregistered

Can maternal uncle be the guarantor for and education loan?
17th January 2023, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I am government employee and i want to become loan guarantor for my brother business.is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?