24th May 2016, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA on 10th basis having 5'10" height?

Hello,
I have completed my class 10th so I am not willing to study 12th. But still I want to fulfill my ambitions which I have got from childhood. I have 5'10" height. Can I join NDA now?

25th May 2016, 07:18 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA on 10th basis having 5'10" height?

No, you cannot join NDA (National Defence Academy) just after completion of 10th Class. The basic educational qualification required to appear in NDA Examination is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern from a recognized university.

There are three (3) wings in NDA and they are, Indian Navy, Indian Army Wing and Indian Air Force. Here is the basic educational qualification required.

>> For Air Force Wing:
* Candidates must have completed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university.

>> For Indian Army Wing:
* Candidates must have passed or qualified 12th Class from a recognized university. Or Candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to appear in NDA Exam.

>> For Indian Navy Wing:
* Candidates must have passed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university.
25th May 2016, 11:40 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination without pursuing 10+2 just having only 10th qualification.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th May 2016, 05:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First of all I would like to make you clear that without completing your higher secondary degree course i.e; Class 12th you are not eligible for joining NDA.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy meant for providing training and education to those who are willing to be a defense officer and have managed to successfully cleared NDA entrance examination.

After completing your Class 12th, to join NDA you will have to clear NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the NDA entrance examination, you need to satisfy the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same with any stream from a recognized institute. Equivalent degree holders are also eligible. For joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force you must have Physics and Mathematics as your main subjects.

* You must have the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirements norm.

So for fulfilling the ambition of being a NDA officer first you must completed your Class 12th and then you must clear NDA entrance examination.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
25th May 2016, 07:17 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. UPSC conducts NDA examination twice every year for admission of candidates into different wings of Defence. The eligibility criteria for NDA/NA exam is:

>>You must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. For Air Force and Navy, Physics and Mathematics is necessary.

>>The age limit for candidates of all category is 16.5-19.5 years.

>>You must be unmarried male Indian to apply for exam.

You can not apply for NDA/NA exam without doing 10+2 no matter whatever your physical status is. You should appear for 10+2 exams from any board in order to become eligible for NDA/NA exam.
25th May 2016, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is a fine height for joining NDA without any problem. In fact it is more than enough height for selection as a cadet in NDA. Just make sure that your age is between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview which will be conducted by UPSC.
25th May 2016, 08:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join NDA on basis of 10th standard. To join in NDA, you must have to appear in NDA examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

Once, you have completed 12th standard, you can apply for NDA examination. The minimum acceptable height is 157 cms (162.5 cms for Air Force) for joining in NDA. So, if you qualify all the rounds of examination, you can join in NDA on the basis of 12th standard.
25th May 2016, 08:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my class 10th so I am not willing to study 12th. But still I want to fulfill my ambitions which I have got from childhood. I have 5'10" height. Can I join NDA now?
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
26th May 2016, 12:23 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Sorry, it is not possible to join NDA with 10th pass. You have to study 10+2 or equivalent for the NDA. For Army, Navy and Air Force separate training and duration will be available. The NDA examinations are conducted by the UPSC. You can check the details in the UPSC website also, the website link is Official website.

You have to study 10+2 with PCM after completion of the 12th with PCM you can apply for NDA examinations. Only unmarried candidates are eligible for NDA examinations.
26th May 2016, 01:00 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hello,
Sorry it is possible for you to appear in the NDA entrance exam after completing 10th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in the NDA exam is 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from from a recognized board. Only science stream students with Physics and Mathematics are eligible for Indian Air Force and Navy wing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?